Competitor: This article comes from Peter at BibleMoneyMatters.com.
Entry Category: Best Ways to Earn and Save Money
A week or so ago I published a post called 50 Easy Ways To Save Money Every Month where I gave tips for how people can save money every month and improve their bottom line. We gave tips on how to save on regular recurring bills, how to repair money leaks, and how to get creative to find other savings around the house. The idea is to have more left over to pay off debt, or if you don’t have any debt – more left over for giving, saving and investing.
While I think it’s important to find ways to save every month, I also think it’s important to make sure you maximize what’s coming in as well. You can only cut so many things out of your budget, but you can always find ways to increase your income.
How To Get Money When You’ve Already Got A Job
One objection I often get right off the bat when talking about creating new income streams is this:
“I’ve already got a full time job. How am I supposed to find the time to make money on the side”?
I’ve been working a full time job, raising my son with my wife and making a great side income all at the same time for the last 4 years. It’s isn’t easy, but it’s possible and it can be done. You just have to decide how important extra income is to you, and find ways to make creating income fun. You can make it more fun by making money off of your hobbies like I did, or do things more casually to create income.
So without further ado, let’s jump into a list of 50 easy ways to make money(admittedly some of these are not easy).
Improving Your Existing Income
This may or may not be obvious, but one of the first things you can do to raise your income is to work at increasing the money you’re making from your day job. Or if an income boost isn’t in the cards, get better benefits! There are a couple of ways to maximize your current income.
- Ask for a raise: A lot of people would never even think about asking for a raise, but in most cases there’s nothing wrong with asking. If you don’t ask, how do you know what will happen? If your current job doesn’t show any increase, are there opportunities for advancement?
- Ask for more perks or benefits: While a raise isn’t always necessarily in the cards find a way to get a raise without increased income by getting better benefits, a company car, company cell phone, tuition reimbursements or other perks.
- Find a better paying job: If your salary isn’t increasing at the pace you’d like, you can always look for a better job! Just make sure not to print out that resume on the company printer.
I know these things aren’t always going to be options in this economy, so let’s continue looking at other ways to make money.
Making Money On A Hobby
Most people have hobbies or things that they enjoy doing in their downtime. For me I enjoy writing, so I started a blog. After writing for a short time I figured out how to make money from my blog. I have a friend who enjoys photography and she turned it into a side gig taking pictures of events for friends. Here are some more ideas:
- Start a blog: I started my website as a hobby in my free time and only later realized how much money could be made from a blog. Check out my e-book talking about how to make money with a blog.
- Make jewelry: Another friend got really into making her own jewelry and then realized that there was a huge market for that kind of thing on Etsy.com.
- Knit or crochet things to sell: Another friend knits things in her free time and resells some of it for a pretty penny on Etsy as well.
- Doing caricatures or other art: I have a co-worker who would make some spare money doing caricatures at local fairs, parks and attractions. Another friend would make sculpture to sell at local art fairs.
- Roast and sell your own coffee: My brother has turned his love of coffee into a side venture. He buys green coffee, roasts it and then resells it for a profit (while still being a better value than Starbucks!) His coffee wisdom is free of charge! (Head over to his site to get some coffee!)
- Be a DJ: Have a love for music? Be a DJ and make a little extra change.
- Be a freelance writer: Have a love for writing, but no desire to start an entire blog? Be a freelance writer for other people’s blogs, websites and more – and make some money while you’re at it!
- Watch TV, get paid: There are now companies that will pay you to watch TV. For example, one company has an iPhone app that you open when watching TV, and it automatically logs what shows you’re watching. You get paid based on a point system.
- Cooking/Catering: Love to cook as a hobby? Turn your love of cooking into a side business. Offer small scale catering, dessert service or meal preparation for friends, family and others!
Continued…read the rest of the article 50 Ways to Make Money.