Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Many of the features of www.GOBankingRates.com are available to you without your providing personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The following are certain situations in which Go Banking Rates may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Registration for Newsletters and Sweepstakes. Go Banking Rates collects personally identifiable information from you if you register online for one of Go Banking Rates’s newsletters and when you enter Go Banking Rates’s sweepstakes. When you register online with Go Banking Rates, Go Banking Rates asks for personally identifiable information like your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, personal interests and other demographic information.
- Forms. Go Banking Rates may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on www.GOBankingRates.com.
- Correspondence. If you send Go Banking Rates personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send Go Banking Rates correspondence about your activities or postings on www.GOBankingRates.com, Go Banking Rates may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Business Partners Go Banking Rates may receive your personally identifiable information from one of Go Banking Rates’s business partners.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Go Banking Rates uses your personally identifiable information as follows:
- to improve Go Banking Rates’s marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve Go Banking Rates’s content and product offerings, and customize Go Banking Rates’s content, layout, and services;
- to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of www.GOBankingRates.com;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Unless you are entering one of Go Banking Rates’s sweepstakes, Go Banking Rates does not currently sell your personally identifiable information. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Advertisers. Go Banking Rates may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. For example, Go Banking Rates may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose it to network advertisers in a non-personally identifiable manner as set forth in the section entitled “Network Advertisers,” set forth below.
- Network Advertising. Go Banking Rates may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to www.GOBankingRates.com and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of www.GOBankingRates.com or other Web sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider’s point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a Web site.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party advertising companies’ use of such information, go to www.SavingsSavy.info/unsubscribe
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Compliance
GOBankingRates.com sends only verified newsletters, specifically requested by Go Banking Rates subscribers. Subscriptions to GOBankingRates.com newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail. GOBankingRates.com is fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Go Banking Rates, its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Go Banking Rates, and its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie (and a Web beacon, described below) to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
Personally identifiable information you submit to Go Banking Rates is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas Go Banking Rates uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises Go Banking Rates security measures, Go Banking Rates will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
Access and Use of www.GOBankingRates.com
www.GOBankingRates.com is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. Go Banking Rates does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
Questions or Concerns
Governing Law; Arbitration
THEREFORE, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN OR BRING CLASS ACTIONS. BY USING WWW.GO BANKING.COM YOU CONSENT TO THESE RESTRICTIONS.
You and Go Banking Rates shall select the arbitrator, and if you and Go Banking Rates are unable to reach agreement on selection of the arbitrator within thirty (30) days after the notice of arbitration is served, then the American Arbitration Association shall select the arbitrator. Arbitration shall not commence until the party requesting it has deposited One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) with the arbitrator for the arbitrator’s fees and costs. The party requesting arbitration shall advance such sums as are required from time to time by the arbitrator to pay the arbitrator’s fees and costs until the prevailing party is determined or the parties have agreed in writing to an alternate allocation of fees and costs.
Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive upon you and Go Banking Rates and your and Go Banking Rates’s respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, in no event shall either you or Go Banking Rates be entitled to punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages and both you and Go Banking Rates hereby waive your and Go Banking Rates’s respective rights to any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for any loss of profit, revenue or business.