Regions Bank might not have the name recognition of some of the country's leading national banks, but it's still big enough to earn a spot on the S&P 500, and boasts operations throughout the South and Midwest. Like many banks, Regions offers promotions from time to time to lure new business -- and the potential payoff for customers can be considerable.
Imagine that $50, $150 or $300 was yours for the taking. Would you turn your back on it and walk away? That's what many Americans do every day. According to a GOBankingRates survey, numerous Americans are missing out on free money from banks that offer bonuses and promotions.
For August 2020, Regions Bank is offering bonuses that could score you as much as $300 for meeting the requirements. Even if you're happy with your current bank, it might be worth taking a look at the Regions offers.
Keep reading to learn more about the current Regions Bank offers and promotions:
- Current Regions Bank Promotions
- How To Open a Regions Bank Account
- Are Regions Bank Promotions Right for You?
Regions Bank is currently running promotions for checking, savings and credit card accounts -- none of which require a coupon code. Here are the highlights:
|Best Regions Bank Promotions: August 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|Regions LifeGreen Checking||$50 Visa Reward Card||None|
|Regions Business Checking||$150||None|
|Regions LifeGreen Savings||$100||None|
|Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card||$100||None|
|Premium Visa Signature Credit Card||$300||None|
More on Banking: Best Checking Accounts of 2020
Bonuses and rewards should not be the only consideration when choosing a new bank. The bank should also meet your financial needs. Here's a closer look at the accounts that are part of current Regions Bank bank promotions.
Regions LifeGreen Checking is a basic checking account that offers unlimited check writing, online bill pay, a Visa check card and benefits for military service members. New and current customers can take advantage of the Regions Refer-a-Friend program and earn a $50 Visa reward card for each qualifying referral, up to $500. Here's more:
- Cash value: $50
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $350
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Register for the Refer-a-Friend program and share the email addresses of friends you want to refer using the Regions Bank referral link. Your friend must accept the offer, open a LifeGreen checking account and meet the program requirements. This includes making at least 10 purchases with the Regions Visa CheckCard, receiving at least one ACH deposit of $300 or more and enrolling in online statements.
- When you'll get it: Within 120 days after requirements are met
- Terms and conditions: Bonuses paid on Rewards Cards are only valid for six months from issuance. New accounts must be open and in good standing for 60 days and be enrolled in online statements. The email used to open the account must match the referral email and must remain valid until fulfillment. The offer is open to new customers 18 or older.
- Monthly fees: $8 to $11 depending on whether you choose online or paper statements, but waived if you meet certain requirements
- Promotion Page: Regions Bank LifeGreen Checking Account bonus offer
The Regions Bank Refer-a-Friend program also applies to business checking accounts. You can choose from one of five business checking accounts with features like telephone and mobile banking as well as discounts on safe deposit boxes.
- Cash value: $150
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $500
- Expiration date: None listed
- How to get it: First you'll have to deposit at least $500 when you open your Regions checking account, then use the Visa Business CheckCard to make at least one purchase within 60 days. Referred businesses must meet the same criteria before anyone receives the bonus.
- When you'll get it: Within 120 days of qualifying
- Terms and conditions: Rewards cards expire six months after issuance and rewards are limited to $500 per year. The new account must stay open and in good standing for 60 days, and the business must remain enrolled in online statements. The email address on the new account must match the address in the referral. The email address must also remain active until fulfillment. This promotion is available to new customers only.
- Monthly fees: $0 to $25, depending on account type.
- Promotion Page: Regions Bank Business Checking account bonus offer
The Regions LifeGreen Savings account comes with no monthly fees and an annual savings bonus that rewards you for setting aside money for emergencies. You can open an account with as little as $50 online or $5 at a branch. Here are the details on the latest bonus offer:
- Cash value: Up to $100
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $100
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Set up an automatic funds transfer of $10 per month for at least 10 months per year to qualify for the annual savings bonus.
- When you'll get it: One month after your Account Anniversary Month
- Terms and conditions: The account must still be open on the date the bonus is paid.
- Monthly fees: $0
- Promotion page: Regions LifeGreen Savings bonus offer
With the Regions Cash Rewards Visa credit card, you earn points for purchases you make through Regions Relationship Rewards. The card also comes with an introductory 0% annual percentage rate for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers. Here are the details:
- Cash value: $100
- Minimum spend to qualify: $500
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Use the Cash Rewards credit card to make $500 or more in qualifying purchases within 90 days of opening the account.
- When you'll get it: As early as 10 days after you make a qualifying purchase
- Terms and conditions: Balance transfers, cash advances and returned purchases do not count as qualifying purchases for the rewards bonus.
- Annual fee: $0
- Promotion page: Regions Bank Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card bonus offer
Region Bank's Premium Visa Signature credit card does more than just earn rewards points. It also comes with features like lost luggage reimbursement, price protection and roadside dispatch. You'll get a 0% introductory APR while you earn 30,000 bonus points to redeem for cash, travel or merchandise. Here's more:
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum spend to qualify: $2,000
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Use the Premium Visa Signature credit card to make at least $2,000 in purchases within 90 days of opening the account.
- When you'll get it: At the end of the initial 90-day period
- Terms and conditions: Qualifying purchases do not include wire transfers, money orders, lottery tickets, fees or interest charges.
- Annual fee: $125
- Promotion page: Regions Bank Premium Visa Signature Credit Card bonus points offer
You can open a Regions Bank account online or at a local branch. You'll need your Social Security number, driver's license information, email address and funding account information when you apply. Here are the details for applying:
To open a Regions Bank account online, visit the bank's home page and click "Open an Account" at the top. Next, follow the link for the checking, savings or credit card account you want to open. Once there, follow the prompts.
You also can visit your local Regions Bank branch to open an account. You can book an appointment in advance to reduce your wait time or just show up to speak with a representative. Check with your branch for its operating hours before heading out.
Everything You Need to Know: How To Open a Bank Account Online
If you live in Regions Bank's service area and like the idea of a full-service bank that also offers online and mobile banking options, it might be worth your time to check out the bank's latest promotional offers. Regions has plenty of products and services to choose from, including deposit accounts, personal loans, home loans and investment options. The bonus cash you can earn by signing up for an account might make Regions the right bank for you.
Check back each month for updates and new promotions as they are available. If none of the above promotions seem like a good fit for you, there are also a number of other banks offering promotions this month.
This content is not provided by Regions Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Regions Bank.
Information on promotions was sourced from banks' websites on May 22, 2020. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.