Online banking is a fairly new concept in the world of finance, but it offers outstanding benefits that brick-and-mortar financial institutions often can’t compete with. As an online bank with various accounts, from interest checking to high-yield savings and money market accounts, EverBank can offer these hard-to-find features. By opening an online account with EverBank, you take your money to the next level so it starts working for you.
Why Open an Online Account With EverBank?
With thousands of national, local and online banks and credit unions in existence, you may wonder what makes EverBank so much better that other choices.
EverBank was founded in 1961 and has grown to become one of the healthiest banks in America today. It currently serves more than 700,000 customers and holds over $11.2 billion in assets. Some of the perks of holding an online bank with EverBank include:
- Higher Interest Rates: EverBank provides deposit rates that beat most other accounts. For instance, the checking account has a rate 10x higher than the national average, while savings rates are always in the top 5 percent of competitive accounts.
- Communication: U.S.-based customer service is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Free ATM Use: You may withdraw and deposit money whenever you wish through free access to any ATM.
How the Application Process Works
Are you ready to open an account? The following is a step-by-step guide that will help navigate you through the application:
1. Click “Apply Online Now” to begin the process. In a new window, EverBank will then confirm you do indeed wish to open an online account. Select “Start an application.”
2. Next, choose the type of account you’re opening. When you do, an application tailored to your selection will expand below. Select the EverBank account you want–choices are divided between bank accounts and investment accounts. Minimum deposit requirements are also noted next to each option. Once you’ve chosen your account, you may continue.
3. You will now need to fill out your personal information, including your security code (password), address and employment information. An asterisk next to an item denotes a required field. Select “Continue” when you are done. You will be prompted to review the information you just entered and verify it is correct. You may continue on to the next section of the application after doing so.
4. Two options regarding your credit check will be presented next. You can either opt to have a credit check performed at the time of application, which will allow you to be considered for instant approval online and use an Electronic Funds Transfer (ACH) as an initial deposit, or have the check delayed until you receive your signature card.
In the second instance, instant approval and ACH are unavailable. By clicking “Continue,” you are authorizing EverBank to perform a credit inquiry at whichever time you designated.
5. You will then need to provide information related to the particular account you are opening. Complete all required fields to continue on to the Account Review. Once again, verify that all the information you entered is correct before moving on in the application.
6. There are several disclosures that must be reviewed. Open and read each of the links, then provide your consent or acknowledgment by clicking on the check boxes that will appear.
7. All that’s left is to complete are the final steps and you’re done.
Your money should do more than just sit in a low-interest account. If you’re ready to grow your finances and reach your goals faster, open an online account at EverBank today.