You might need your bank routing number for anything from signing up for direct deposit or ordering new checks to sending money to friends and family. Use the chart below to instantly find your Wells Fargo routing number.
Wells Fargo Routing Numbers by State
|Texas – El Paso||112000066|
What Is a Routing Number?
The routing number on a check is sometimes referred to as the ABA number or check routing number. The American Bankers Association created the bank routing number in 1910 as a way to process paper checks and enable banks and credit unions to accurately send and receive funds to and from other financial institutions. Your Wells Fargo bank routing number is unique to the area where you opened your account.
Don’t Miss: Latest Wells Fargo Promotions ($400 Bonus)
Banks Can Have Multiple Routing Numbers
A bank’s primary routing number is assigned based on the location of its principal office. Banks are eligible to receive additional routing numbers if necessary to keep payments and collections routed properly. Smaller banks and online-only financial institutions typically use only one routing number nationwide. Larger banks might have routing numbers for each state in which they operate.
Because some financial institutions have multiple routing numbers, it’s important to ensure you’re using the correct one before you initiate a transaction.
Finding Your Routing Number on a Check
It’s easy to find your routing number on a check — just look in the bottom-left corner. Refer to the illustration below to see where you can find your routing number.
Different Routing Numbers for International Wire Transfers
Wire transfers are fast and secure. Because wire transfers are a top priority, they have separate routing numbers so financial institutions can process them differently. International wire transactions require SWIFT codes, which are international bank codes that identify particular banks worldwide.
Here are Wells Fargo’s wire transfer numbers:
|Wells Fargo Wire Transfer Numbers|
|Domestic wire transfer||121000248|
Keep Reading: Your Guide to Wells Fargo SWIFT Codes
Know Your Routing Number
Remember that the routing number on a check might be different from the one you’d use for a wire transfer. You might want to check with your financial institution before you engage in transactions that require accurate routing number information — if the sequence is off by a single digit, your money will go someplace else.
More on Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Wells Fargo Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- How To Open a Wells Fargo Bank Account
- How To Avoid Wells Fargo Monthly Maintenance Fees
- How to Avoid Wells Fargo Overdraft Fees
- Wells Fargo Interest Rates: How To Get the Bank’s Best Rates
- What Is the Wells Fargo Cashier’s Check Fee?
- How to Set Up Wells Fargo Direct Deposit
- Wells Fargo Hours: What Time Does Wells Fargo Close?
- How To Find and Use Your Wells Fargo Login
- Wells Fargo Bank SWIFT Code
More Routing Numbers
- Alaska USA Routing Number
- Alliant Credit Union Routing Number
- Ally Bank Routing Number
- America First Routing Number
- Axos Bank Routing Number
- Bank of America Routing Number
- Bank Of The West Routing Number
- BB&T Routing Number
- BECU Routing Number
- BMO Harris Routing Number
- Capital One Routing Number
- Charles Schwab Routing Number
- Chase Bank Routing Number
- Citibank Routing Number
- Citizens Bank Routing Number
- Commerce Bank Routing Number
- DCU Routing Number
- Fidelity Routing Number
- Fifth Third Routing Number
- FirstBank Routing Number
- First Citizens Bank Routing Number
- GECU Routing Number
- Golden 1 Credit Union Routing Number
- HSBC Routing Number
- Huntington Bank Routing Number
- Keybank Routing Number
- MACU Routing Number
- MCU Routing Number
- M&T Bank Routing Number
- Navy Federal Routing Number
- PenFed Routing Number
- People’s United Bank Routing Number
- PNC Bank Routing Number
- RBFCU Routing Number
- Regions Bank Routing Number
- Santander Routing Number
- SunTrust Routing Number
- TD Bank Routing Number
- TIAA Bank Routing Number
- UCCU Routing Number
- UFCU Routing Number
- Umpqua Bank Routing Number
- Union Bank Routing Number
- US Bank Routing Number
- USAA Routing Number
- Vystar Routing Number
- Webster Bank Routing Number
- Woodforest Routing Number
- Zions Bank Routing Number
Erika Giovanetti contributed to the reporting for this article.