Bank of the West is a San Francisco-based bank that’s been operating for more than 135 years. Although its history dates to the 19th century, Bank of the West has kept up with the modernization of the financial world, which includes offering online and mobile banking platforms. These features give customers easy access to their money — but you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the login process first.
How To Log In to Your Bank of the West Account From a Computer
To log in to your account, first go to the Bank of the West homepage. From there, follow these steps:
- Click the “SIGN IN” link located at the upper right corner of the page.
- You’ll be brought to a new page, where you’ll enter your username and password in the appropriate fields.
- Click the “SIGN IN” button.
To sign up for online access to your account, you’ll need a Bank of the West account number. If you’re signing up for an account for the first time, you’ll need to provide standard information such as your Social Security number to open an account.
How To Log In to Your Bank of the West Account From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
- Download the app.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the sign-in button.
You can bolster your account security by setting up face and fingerprint login options.
How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
If you’ve forgotten your login info, find the question “Forgot Username or Password?” partway down the homepage, on the right side. From there, click on the applicable link. You’ll be brought to different pages depending on what you’re trying to retrieve.
If you forgot your username, you’ll need to do the following:
- Select either the personal or business account options.
- Provide your Bank of the West debit card number.
- Provide your Social Security number.
To retrieve your password:
- Enter your username.
- Enter your email address associated with your account.
If you still need help resetting your password, call customer service at 800-488-2265 and select option 3.
How To View Your Bank of the West Statement Information
Here’s how to view your Bank of the West statement:
- Sign in to your Bank of the West account.
- Click “Online Statements” under the Accounts menu.
- If you’d like to enroll in paperless statements, click the “Enroll in Online Statements” link by your eligible accounts.
You can also view your statement on the Bank of the West app. Both platforms give you up to seven years’ worth of account information.
How To Contact Bank of the West If You Have Trouble With Your Account
If you have questions or need to troubleshoot a problem, you can call Bank of the West at the following numbers:
- 800-659-5495 (TTY)
Both lines are open Monday through Friday, from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific time, and Saturdays, Sundays and most holidays from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
What Are the Benefits of Online Banking?
Online banking makes it easier to compare your month-to-month spending since it provides a comprehensive and easily accessible history of your account transactions. Besides providing quick access to your bank accounts around the clock, online banking also lets customers transfer money digitally. If you’re the hands-on type, you can also set up security alerts to monitor any unusual activity.
More on Bank of the West
- Bank of the West Review: Ideal for Customers on the West Coast
- Newest Bank of the West Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- Bank of the West Routing Number: Locate Your Number
- What Are Bank of the West’s Hours?
More on Using Your Bank Login
- Ally Bank Login
- American Express Login
- Associated Bank Login
- Bank of America Login
- BB&T Login
- BBVA Login
- BMO Harris Login
- Capital One Login
- Charles Schwab Login
- Chase Login
- Citibank Login
- Citizens Bank Login
- Comerica Bank Login
- Commerce Bank Login
- Discover Login
- Fidelity Login
- Fifth Third Bank Login
- First Citizens Bank Login
- First National Bank Login
- First Republic Bank Login
- Frost Bank Login
- HSBC Login
- Huntington Bank Login
- KeyBank Login
- Morgan Stanley Login
- OneMain Financial Login
- People’s United Bank Login
- Pinnacle Bank Login
- SunTrust Login
- Synchrony Login
- TD Bank Login
- Umpqua Login
- US Bank Login
- Valley National Bank Login
- Webster Bank Login
- Wells Fargo Login
- Woodforest Login
- Zions Bank Login
This content is not provided by Bank of the West. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Bank of the West. Information is accurate as of Jan. 18, 2022.