When you’re in need of a new checking account, why not earn a cash bonus for opening one? Wells Fargo is one of the largest banks in the U.S., and was willing to put $400 into your new account when you bank with it. Face it — $400 is a pretty enticing offer, and this offer was especially enticing because qualifications were minimal.
Here’s everything you need to know to earn the Wells Fargo $400 checking bonus:
- How To Get The Wells Fargo $400 Checking Account Bonus
- How To Get an In-Branch Coupon Code for the Bonus
- What Were the Requirements for Getting the $400 Bonus?
- How Do I Check My Wells Fargo Bonus?
- How To Avoid Wells Fargo Monthly Fees
The Wells Fargo $400 checking account bonus was one of the best bank offers available. You might be surprised to find out that many people don’t take sign-up offers into consideration when deciding on a new bank, leaving free cash on the table. Perhaps they think that sign-up offers aren’t real or are too complicated to earn. This wasn’t the case with the Wells Fargo $400 checking account bonus.
The Wells Fargo checking account bonus is no longer available, but here’s a look at what it entailed:
- Cash value: $400
- Availability: Nationwide
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $25
- Expiration date: Expired
- How to get it: Customers had to open a new Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account online, or request an offer code by email to take into a local branch. Once their account was open, they had to set up direct deposits totaling $4,000 within the first 90 days.
- When the bonus was delivered: Within 30 days after the 90-day qualification period was up
- Monthly fees: $10
Wells Fargo has 7,400 bank locations. For many, signing up online takes just a few minutes from start to finish. To meet with a branch representative who can help guide you through the process, you can visit a local office to open your new Wells Fargo account and inquire about any available bonuses.
When the checking account bonus was available, customers needed to get a promo code first from the website, then bring that code into the branch.
Certain terms and conditions had to be met to get the Wells Fargo $400 checking bonus:
- Eligibility Requirements: Wells Fargo has several types of checking accounts, but only the Everyday Checking account was eligible. The offer was only available for new customers — Wells Fargo employees or banking customers who’d had an account with Wells Fargo in the last 12 months were not eligible.
- Bonus Requirements: The checking account had to still be open when Wells Fargo went to deposit the bonus amount. The bank would report the $400 as income, so customers had to include the amount when filing federal, state and local income tax returns.
Wells Fargo deposited the amount into the new Everyday Checking account within four months of opening the account. Customers could look out for a deposit of $400 around that time or set up the mobile banking app to send account alerts so they were notified of the deposit.
The Everyday Checking account comes with a $10 monthly maintenance fee. You can avoid the Wells Fargo monthly maintenance fee by meeting any of these conditions:
- Making 10 or more purchases or bill payments using the debit card linked to the checking account
- Receiving at least $500 of your paycheck or benefits as direct deposits each month
- Maintaining a daily balance of at least $1,500
- Being between 17 and 24 years of age
- Linking a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
More on Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Wells Fargo Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- Here’s Your Wells Fargo Routing Number
- How To Open a Wells Fargo Bank Account
- How To Avoid Wells Fargo Monthly Maintenance Fees
- How to Avoid Wells Fargo Overdraft Fees
- Wells Fargo Interest Rates: How To Get the Bank’s Best Rates
- What Is the Wells Fargo Cashier’s Check Fee?
- How to Set Up Wells Fargo Direct Deposit
- Wells Fargo Hours: What Time Does Wells Fargo Close?
- How To Find and Use Your Wells Fargo Login
- Wells Fargo Bank SWIFT Code
More Bank Promotions
- Best New Bank Promotions and Offers
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BBVA Compass Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Bank Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- KeyBank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- SunTrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
This content is not provided by Wells Fargo. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Wells Fargo.