If you’re a J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. customer and you need to bank on the go, consider the Chase mobile app that lets customers check balances, pay bills, transfer money and deposit checks right from a mobile phone. Chase recently added Zelle, a simple way to send and receive money to or from pretty much any U.S. bank. With the Chase app, which is available for Apple and Android operating systems, you can add a new credit card view to help you manage and monitor your credit-card account alongside your bank accounts.
Chase QuickDeposit, the app’s mobile check-deposit feature, makes depositing checks fast and easy, saving you from having to go to a bank branch or ATM. Follow these easy steps to make a deposit to your Chase checking account and start mobile banking today with the popular Chase app.
How to Make a Chase Mobile Deposit With Chase QuickDeposit
It takes only a few minutes to make a mobile check deposit from your phone using the Chase app.
Follow these steps to deposit a check using Chase QuickDeposit:
- First, download the Chase mobile app from Google Play if you have an Android smartphone, or from iTunes if you have an iPhone.
- Log on to the app with your Chase username and password. If you haven’t set these up yet, go to Chase.com and register your account.
- Endorse the back of the check and write “For Deposit Only” underneath your name.
- Tap the navigation menu at the top left of the main screen and choose “Deposit Checks.” If it’s your first time using the app, tap “Sign Up Now,” then review and accept the Legal Agreement.
- Select the account, such as a Chase checking or savings account, into which you want to deposit the check.
- Enter the dollar amount of your deposit without a dollar sign, and tap “Done.”
- In the “Check Front” section, tap “Take Picture” to turn on your mobile device’s camera.
- Put the check on a flat surface and make sure everything on it is clearly visible.
- Hold your mobile device in a horizontal position and make sure the check’s four corners fit inside the blue box.
- Tap the camera icon to take the photo.
- Repeat step eight to capture a photo of the back of the check.
- Tap the “Next” button, which will take you to the verification screen.
- Review all of the information and tap “Submit” if everything is correct.
How Long Does It Take for a Chase Check Deposit to Clear?
Once you make your mobile deposit you’ll get an email from Chase confirming receipt. If you deposit the check before 11 p.m. EST on a business day, your funds should be available the next business day. Always keep the paper check until you see the available funds in your account, just in case something goes wrong. You’ll get a second email from Chase when the check is accepted — and if it isn’t accepted, you’ll get a notice saying why.
Once you’re notified that your check has been accepted, Chase recommends you destroy it immediately after the funds have been posted to your account. Before you do that, however, you might want to check with your tax professional or lawyer to see if there’s a reason to keep your checks.
Find Out: Here’s Your Chase Routing Number
Chase QuickDeposit Limits and Compatibility
Your Chase mobile-deposit limit depends on the type of account you have. Once you select the account you want to make your deposit to, your limit will appear below the amount field. You can open the note icon at the bottom of the deposit screen to find maximum daily and 30-day limits.
The Chase app is compatible with the iPad tablet, iPhone and iPod touch with iOS 7.0 and above. Android devices require at least a two-megapixel rear-facing camera, but Chase recommends a four-megapixel rear-facing camera with auto focus for the best performance.