Banking is a highly competitive industry, so many banks offer promotions as a way of winning customers and staying a step ahead of the pack. One way they attract customers is through sign-up bonuses that provide free money for opening accounts and meeting certain criteria.
Oddly, more than half of the respondents in a GOBankingRates survey said they weren’t familiar with promotions their banks offer. Rather than miss out on free cash, take the time to check out promotional offers when considering a new bank account. Even if you already have a checking account, it still might be beneficial to open another one at a bank that offers bonus funds.
To make things easier for you, GOBankingRates has identified the best new checking account promotions and bonuses for June 2020. Keep reading to learn more about them:
- Bank Promotions, Bonuses and Offers at a Glance
- Current Checking Account Promotions
Here’s an overview of the most recent checking account offers.
|Best Checking Account Promotions: June 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|Chase Total Checking Account Promotion||$200||July 20|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking Promotion||$300||None|
|Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account Promotion||$400||July 31|
|HSBC 3% Premier Checking Promotion||Up to $700||June 29|
Compare: Best Checking Accounts of 2020
You can earn between $100 and $700 in checking account bonuses simply for opening a checking account at one of the banks listed above. It’s easy to earn the bonus cash if you know the requirements. Here’s an in-depth look at the current checking account offers:
Earning a new checking account bonus is easy with Chase. You can get $200 by simply opening a new Chase Total Checking account and setting up direct deposit. The monthly service fee is waived if you do one of the following: Maintain a balance of $1,500 or more, keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in combined qualifying accounts or have direct deposits totaling $500 or more made into the account. The first direct deposit must be made into the account within 90 days and come from a paycheck, pension check or government benefit.
To receive the bonus, you must open an account online or enter your email address to get a coupon and bring it to a Chase branch by July 20. Here’s more:
- Cash value: $200
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $500
- Expiration date: July 20
- How to get it: Open a Chase Total Checking account online from the promotion page or bring the coupon to a branch to open your account. Then receive a direct deposit totaling at least $500 within the first 90 days, maintain a $1,500 balance or maintain a $5,000 combined balance.
- When you’ll get it: The bonus is deposited in your account within 10 days of meeting the requirements.
- Terms and conditions: The direct deposit must be from an employer or the government, and customers are eligible for the bonus once every two years.
- Monthly fees: $12 if you don’t meet the minimum balance or direct deposit requirements
- Promotion page: Chase Total Checking account cash bonus
TD Bank provides online-only checking and savings accounts. Receive at least $2,500 in direct deposits in the first couple of months to get $300 as a bonus when you open a Beyond Checking account. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum deposit to qualify: None
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Open an account online and receive at least $2,500 in direct deposits the first 60 days.
- When you’ll get it: Within 95 days of opening the account and meeting the terms
- Terms and conditions: The offer is available to new customers only.
- Monthly fees: $25, but can be waived by keeping a $2,500 daily balance minimum, receiving at least $5,000 per month in direct deposits or maintaining a combined balance of $25,000
- Promotion page: TD Bank Beyond Checking account cash bonus
Wells Fargo offers a $400 checking account sign-up bonus when you open a new Everyday Checking account, which comes with mobile banking, digital alerts and a debit card. The best part is, you only need $25 to fund the account as long as you receive $4,000 in eligible direct deposits in the first three months. Here’s how to cash in on the promotion:
- Cash value: $400
- Availability: The offer is available online and in select branch locations.
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $25 to open an account plus $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within 90 days
- Expiration date: July 31
- How to get it: Fill out the form online, and the promotional offer will be automatically applied. To open in-branch, click on the “Open in Branch” tab on the upper left-hand corner of the offer page to receive your promotional code by email. Take the code to your local branch to open your account.
- When you’ll get it: Within 30 days following the 90-day qualification period
- Terms and conditions: The offer is limited to participating branch locations. Customers must have a valid Social Security number.
- Monthly fees: $10 per statement cycle, which can be avoided if you maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance or make a minimum of $500 worth of direct deposits or 10 debit card payments
- Promotion page: Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account cash bonus
To get the full $700 cash bonus, you’ll need to receive at least $5,000 per month in direct deposits. Supposing that’s out of reach, consider HSBC’s Advance Checking’s $270 offer, which is easier to qualify for. As for the $700 cash bonus, here are the terms:
- Cash value: Up to $700
- Minimum deposit to qualify: None
- Expiration date: June 29
- How to get it: Open an account online and set up direct deposits. You’ll earn 3% per month for the first six months on your direct deposits, with a maximum monthly bonus amount of $120.
- When you’ll get it: You’ll receive each month’s bonus within eight weeks after the statement closes.
- Terms and conditions: Click on “Apply Now” on the promotional page to get started.
- Monthly fees: $50, waived if you maintain direct deposits of at least $5,000, have an HSBC mortgage of $500,000 or more or maintain a balance of at least $75,000
- Promotion page: HSBC 3% Premier Checking cash bonus
More Bank Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BB&T Promotions
- BBVA Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Bank Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- Keybank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- Suntrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
Barb Nefer contributed to the reporting for this article.
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned by ConsumerTrack Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article. All fees and rates are subject to change at the issuers’ discretion. Some interest rates might be short-term or promotional offers only, and it is possible additional terms and conditions must be met to obtain the interest rates listed. Rates and availability might vary by region. Verify terms and conditions before opening an account.
GOBankingRates bases its assessment of “best” and “top” products on the above-stated parameters to create a baseline for comparison. This assessment is an approximation of “best” and “top” designed to help consumers find products that might be appropriate for them. There could be other options available as well. Consumers should consider various options appropriate for their circumstances.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.