In finance, a “windfall” is an unexpected, large monetary gain — but for depositors of Corning Credit Union, there’s zero surprise in the high yields they’ll receive by opening a Windfall Checking account with the New York-based banking nonprofit.
This high-interest product has all the hallmarks of a regular checking account, but without the typically low yields. At 2.00% APY, this product helps individuals save money as well as manage their day-to-day finances.
Checking Account Interest Rates Today: Terms and Conditions
Some features of Corning Credit Union’s Windfall Checking account include:
- The posted 2.00% rate on balances up to $20,000
- Unlimited transactions at Corning Credit Union ATMs
- Fee refunds on non-Corning Credit Union ATMs, up to $30 a month
- No per-check charges
- Free ATM card, online bill pay and mobile banking apps
- Set up direct deposit with the credit union
- Sign up to receive online statements
- Complete 12 or more debit or checking transactions monthly
About Corning Credit Union
Corning Credit Union was founded in 1936 with the initial aim of helping Corning Glass Works employees with their personal finances. The credit union initially had just 42 members and $420 in assets. Today, the institution boasts more than 86,000 members worldwide — and upwards of $1 billion total assets.
Click here to find competitive checking account interest rates today.
Other Terms and Conditions may apply. Additionally, interest rates are based on the institution’s online published rates and may have changed since this offer was posted. Please contact the financial institution for the most recent rate updates and to review the terms of the offer.