One of the benefits of having a Cash Card is the ability to create a custom design for your card. People like to customize their Cash Card to reflect their personal brand, favorite hobbies or freehand artwork to showcase their creative side.
16 Ideas To Create Your Custom Cash Card
You can start by adding emojis — a simple and fast way to customize your Cash Card, though that’s only the start of several design options. The vast library of emojis gives you plenty of possibilities. You can add emojis anywhere on the front of the card, including the top, bottom or surrounding the chip. Check out these 16 ideas for Cash App card designs.
1. Use Emojis That Reflect Your Name
You can use emojis to represent your name or your personality. Cash App offers so many emojis, you can definitely find something to represent yourself.
The collection of emojis Cash App offers includes letters, which makes it easy to spell out your name in emojis — or even express yourself in a single emoji — if you’d like.
2. Use Emojis That Reflect Your Brand
If you are a social media influencer, entrepreneur or small business owner, you may want to use emojis to reflect your brand as a Cash App card design. For instance, finance writer Kyle Burbank reviewed the Metal Cash Card for DyerNews.com and revealed that his Chameleon Metal Cash Card bears emojis representing “Money @ 30,” the name of his website.
He also added a star around the chip. You can use emojis to represent your brand or draw your logo freehand, if you prefer.
Even if you aren’t a business owner, consider emojis that represent your career. A few easy ones to represent that come to mind include teacher, engineer or hairstylist.
3. Show Your Favorite Foods
Food choices are plentiful in emoji-land. Why not adorn your Cash Card with some of your favorites, from pizza to dessert?
4. Show Your Favorite Sports
Do you play sports or prefer to watch from the stands? Maybe it feels as if you spend half your life driving your kids from game to game. Show your love of sports with a collection of emojis on your Cash App card.
5. Share Your Hobbies with Emojis
Showcase your love for painting, bicycling, swimming, fishing, video games, or even shopping, using emojis on your custom Cash App card design, no matter what your hobby is.
6. Create a Scene with Emojis
Use your Cash Card to tell a tiny story that fits in the palm of your hand. The sky’s the limit, whether you’d like to depict a sunset, a sunrise, a park, a beach or outer space. It’s all possible using stars, rockets, trees, suns, moons and more.
You can also choose a scene from your favorite movie and try to represent it with emojis. How creative can you get?
7. Move Your Stick Figure Family from Your Car Window to Your Cash Card
From stick figure significant others to children and pets, you can get to know about your neighbors based on the vinyl stickers on their car’s rear window. Now, carry your family in your pocket with a stick figure design on your Cash Card.
You can also create this design in freehand. How good are you at drawing stick figures?
8. Use a Money Theme
It almost seems like a no-brainer, but you can get super-creative just using the money symbology on your Cash Card. If you have a steady hand and a stylus, you can even draw dollar symbols on your Cash Card to give it a unique look.
Did You Know?
When you download the app, link your bank account and also order a Cash Card, you can make purchases in stores that accept credit or debit and also withdraw money from your Cash App at any ATM.
9. Show Your Many Moods with Emojis
Customizing a card with a variety of face emojis would be fun and creative. Share your favorite or most frequent moods, get silly, serious, angry and more. Your card design will have people wondering how you really feel right now.
10. Create Freehand Card Designs
If you are feeling extra creative — and have some time on your hands – you can create a one-of-a-kind Cash Card design using the freehand drawing tool. You will want to use a stylus for best results. Go slowly. You may want to sketch out your design on paper, first, so you have an idea of what you want.
If you make a mistake, click the “Undo” button to revert back to your last step. It may take some trial and error to the get design you want. It will be worth it when you show off your Cash Card at the register and hear all the compliments.
Keep reading to hear some more ideas of custom freehand card designs you can create.
11. Draw a Self Portrait
If you’re feeling particularly creative — and have a lot of patience — consider drawing a self-portrait. You can go into full-blown caricature mode with a funny face that accentuates your trademark features. Or keep it simple with a stick-figure style design.
Consider a drawing of yourself holding your card with your unique Cash App card design in one hand and a shopping bag in the other. Or maybe a drawing of yourself at work or participating in your favorite hobby.
12. Showcase Your Pets
If a self-portrait sounds too challenging, you can draw your pets on your Cash Card. Google “how to draw…” with the name of your animal for easy ideas and step-by-step directions. You can also look up the YouTube series “How2DrawAnimals.” With 302,000 subscribers and a new drawing video uploaded every Saturday, this is one of the go-to sources to draw realistic looking animals of virtually any kind.
For simpler drawing styles, look up the Super Simple Draw! YouTube channel. This channel gives step-by-step instructions to draw stick-figure like animals that may be easier to create using your stylus in the Cash App.
13. Draw a Simple Scene
Just as you can create a scene using emojis, you can draw an original setting using a stylus. Keep it simple. You might draw a boat on the open sea, a rocket in space or a palm tree on an idyllic desert island. Maybe you want to draw the setting from one of your favorite movies.
14. Freehand Movie Quotes
You can represent your favorite movie in drawings on your Cash Card. But if you have good handwriting, you might prefer to quote a line from your favorite movie on your Cash Card. Keep it short and punchy since you won’t have much space.
Some iconic movie lines include:
- “There’s no place like home.” (“The Wizard of Oz”)
- “May the Force be with you.” (“Star Wars”)
- “I’m the king of the world!” (“Titanic”)
- “I’ll be back.” (“The Terminator”)
- “Houston, we have a problem.” (“Apollo 13”)
- “There’s no crying in baseball!” (“A League of Their Own”)
- “Just keep swimming.” (“Finding Nemo”)
- “To infinity and beyond!” (“Toy Story”)
Movie quotes that have to do with money are also appropriate for your Cash Card. Some ideas include:
- “They say money can’t buy happiness, darlings! But it does allow you to give it away!” (“Bohemian Rhapsody”)
- “Show me the money!” (“Jerry Maguire”)
- “The money’s the key to whatever this is.” (“All the President’s Men”)
- “What’s worth doing is worth doing for money.” (“Wall Street”)
15. Freehand Inspirational Quotes
If you have good handwriting, you can also choose inspirational quotes that will make you smile.
Some favorites that are short and popular include:
- “Don’t worry, be happy.”
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
- “Thoughts become things.”
- “What you think about, you bring about.”
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
16. Create a Zentangle in Freehand
Zentangle is a specific style of freehand artwork. Typically, it’s done on a 3 ½-inch by 3 ½-inch square, but you can modify the technique to fit on your Cash App Cash Card. You can take classes in the Zentangle method, but you can also design your own Zentangle-inspired art by following just a few conventions. Here’s how to do it.
Follow These Steps:
- Place a dot in each of the four corners of your card.
- Connect the dots with lines. This is your Zentangle art border. You can choose to include the chip as part of your design or work around it.
- Draw the lines that make up your border with wavy, curved or straight lines. These lines, called strings, will separate your art into sections.
- Make freehand lines — curvy, straight, wavy, thick or thin — inside each of your sections.
- With your sections created, it’s time to let look and have fun.
- Some people like to sign their art with their initials when they’re done.
If you are looking for a simple, fun, completely unique and eye-catching Cash Card design, your Zentangle will make you smile whenever you pull out your card.
It’s easy to create your own Cash App card designs that show off your personality, your creativity, your interests and more. Remember that you’ll have your Cash Card a long time, so create a design you won’t get tired of seeing.
If you do get bored with your card, it’s easy to order a new Cash Card with a different design at any time for just $5 for a standard black or white card, or an additional $5 for Glow-in-the-Dark or $50 for your choice of Metal designs.
Frequently Asked QuestionsTake a look at the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Cash App card designs.
- What are the different Cash App cards?
- Cash App offers a choice of five different debit cards. You can choose a black card or a white card. If you choose one of these options, your first card is free. You can also order a second card at any time if you want to change your design for just $5.
- The glow-in-the-dark neon yellow Cash App card costs $5.
- You can also get one of two metal Cash Cards for $50. The first card is a Black Metal Card. The second option is called Chameleon Metal and it is almost iridescent, with a purple gradient on the front and a solid purple back.
- Reviewers say the Metal Cash Cards are heavy and solid, similar to an Apple Metal card and even heavier than the American Express® Gold or Platinum cards, which are also made of metal alloys.
- How do you get a metal Cash App card?
- Metal credit and debit cards are a new trend. Cash App joins credit card companies like Chase and American Express, Member FDIC, with metal cards.
- You can order your Metal Cash Card the same way you order any other Cash Card.
- Click the Cash Card tab on the app's home screen.
- Choose"Get Cash Card," and then "Continue."
- You can choose from one of the two Metal colors and then customize your card the same way you would any other Cash Card.
- Keep in mind, the $50 fee will be deducted from your Cash App balance. You must be at least 18 years old to order a Cash Card.
- Can I personalize my Cash App card?
- One of the attractions of the Cash Card is the ability to personalize your card in a variety of ways. First, you can choose from one of five colors for your card, including two free options -- black or white. Then, you can personalize your card using the freehand drawing tool or by choosing emojis for the card. You can also opt to leave your card blank and display only your name and/or $Cashtag.
- Is there a downside to Cash App card?
- Your Cash Card is not linked to your bank account, so you must have funds in your Cash App to use the card. If you don't have the money in Cash App, your purchase will be declined.
- The other downside to the Cash Card is that you cannot personalize the card with a photo or logo that you upload. Your only options for personalization are freehand drawing or emojis.
Information is accurate as of Nov. 15, 2022.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.