Founded in 2013, Cash App has grown to become one of the most popular peer-to-peer payment and mobile banking apps on the market. Twitter founder Jack Dorsey founded the app, which he originally called Square Cash. Since its inception, the platform’s growth has been impressive and has attracted millions of users and exciting investors.
But Cash App isn’t for everyone, and if your financial needs have grown beyond what the app can provide, you may be wondering how to permanently delete your account. Find a complete guide to doing so below.
How To Delete Cash App: Step by Step
Although the process you need to follow to delete your Cash App account may be confusing at first, the process is actually relatively simple once you know where to look.
How To Delete Cash App
- Launch Cash App on your mobile device and log in to the app.
- Select the profile icon.
- Tap on “Support.”
- Tap on “Something Else.”
- Navigate to “Account Settings.”
- Click the “Delete Your Personal Information” link.
- Click the “Contact Support” link.
- Explain to the customer support representative you speak with that you’d like to close your account permanently. The support representative may ask you a few questions. Continue the conversation until the support staff closes your account permanently.
Keep in mind that you may have money in your Cash App account. If that’s the case, it’s wise to transfer the outstanding balance of your account to your bank or other financial institution before you start the process of closing your Cash App account.
How To Access Your Personal Information From Cash App
The California Consumer Privacy Act gives California residents more control over their online data. Websites that operate in California must comply with the CCPA, and Cash App is no different. However, the company takes things a step further.
You don’t have to live in California to take advantage of complete control over your data with Cash App. The company makes these features available to all users. If you would like access to your personal information that Cash App has on file, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Cash App website and sign in to your account. You must do so on a web browser rather than your mobile app.
- Click the “Settings” link.
- Select the “Download Your Info” link under “Your Info.”
- Click the “Activity” link. This will show you a page with your most recent payments using your Cash App account.
- Click the “Statements” link.
- Click “Export.”
When you click the “Export” link, the Cash App website will download your information and transaction history to your computer. If you’re deleting your Cash App account, it’s a good idea to download this information first.
Can You Delete Your Cash App Payment History?
If you’re wondering whether you can delete your Cash App payment history but still keep your account open, you should be aware that the platform does not allow users to do so. You’ll need to permanently delete your account if you want to delete the transaction history associated with it.
Cash App is a great way to send money to friends and offers a compelling banking option for the underbanked population. When you grow out of your Cash App account, it’s almost as easy to delete it as it was to sign up for it.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.