Picking the Top Cards for Travel, Rewards & More for GOBankingRates’ Best Credit Cards List
There are a number of advantages that come along with responsible credit card use, including earning airline miles, rewards and cash back. But with so many credit cards available, it can be overwhelming to decide which credit cards are actually worthwhile. To help you cut through the clutter, GOBankingRates has released its Best Credit Cards rankings, which have identified the best credit cards across a number of categories based on independent, unbiased research.
“GOBankingRates looked at credit cards offered by all banks with over $100 billion in total assets as well as the largest three credit unions in terms of total assets. This led us to analyze 139 individual credit cards across five distinct categories,” said Andrew Murray, content data researcher at GOBankingRates.
“The winners were the cards that were the most well-rounded,” he continued. “Sure, you could have a card in the Best Cash-Back Credit Cards category that scored the highest in terms of rewards rate, but abysmal purchase APR and high annual fees no longer made it an appealing card for most consumers. The cards that performed the best were the ones that hit the average to above-average benchmarks in a multitude, if not all, factors.”
Find out the winners of GOBankingRates’ Best Credit Cards of 2021:
- Best Airline Credit Cards
- Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Best Rewards Credit Cards
- Best Cash-Back Credit Cards
- Best Travel Credit Cards
New to the world of credit cards? Start by learning more about the basics:
- Why You Should Have a Credit Card
- How To Use a Credit Card: Breaking Down the Basics of How Credit Cards Work
- The Top Things To Consider Before Applying for a New Credit Card
- How Many Credit Cards Should You Have? And More Credit Card Questions Answered
- How To Choose a Credit Card That Is Right for Your Lifestyle
Are you all about the perks? See how you can use credit cards to your advantage:
- How Far You Could Travel on Current Airline Credit Card Bonuses
- How To Use Your Credit Card Like a Rich Person
More From GOBankingRates
- Fourth Stimulus Checks Are Coming From These States — Is Yours on the List?
- 10 Reasons You Should Claim Social Security Early
- What Is the Next Big Cryptocurrency To Explode in 2021?
- Here’s How Much You Need To Earn To Be ‘Rich’ in 23 Major Countries Around the World
Last updated: Oct. 19, 2021