Whether you’re getting an unsolicited credit card offer in the mail or just doing some banking online, there is never a shortage of new credit cards to choose from. Banks and retailers constantly release credit cards hoping to draw more customers to their businesses.
If you’re in the market to make a balance transfer, or maybe you’re hoping to save money on traveling, then take a look at some of the best new credit cards currently available to consumers.
Keep reading to see the best credit cards you might not know about.
Discover it Miles Credit Card
The Discover it Miles is an ideal card for travelers and customers looking for no annual fee. In addition to the unlimited miles you receive, Discover matches all the miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year. Plus, you won’t ever lose your miles, even if you close your account.
- APR: 0% introductory APR for 14 months, then variable 13.74% to 24.74% on purchases
- No annual fee
- Earn 1.5x unlimited miles for every dollar spent on all purchases, including airfare
- Up to $37 fee for late or returned payments
Uber Visa Card
The Uber Visa Card comes with a hefty rewards package, making it one of the best cash back credit cards for anyone looking to rack up rewards points. For example, earn 4 percent back on purchases made through UberEATS and at restaurants, fast food restaurants and bars; 3 percent back on hotel and airfare; 2 percent back for online purchases; and 1 percent for all other purchases. You can also receive up to a $50 online subscription services credit and earn up to $600 in insurance coverage if your mobile phone is stolen or damaged.
- APR: 16.74%, 22.49% or 25.49% depending on credit history
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Up to 4 percent back on all purchases
- High APR
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
Another ideal credit card for travelers, the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card also has a beefy rewards system. Currently, card members earn two Starpoints for every dollar of eligible purchases on the card at participating Starwood Preferred Guest and Marriott Rewards hotels.
However, beginning Aug. 1, 2018, card members will receive six points for every dollar of eligible purchases on the card at the aforementioned hotels. In addition, members will earn two points for all other eligible purchases.
- APR: 16.99% to 20.99% variable APR on purchases
- Annual Fee: $0 introductory annual fee first year
- Earn up to $200 in statement credits. Earn a $100 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases within three months of getting approved.
- High penalty APR: 29.99%
- $95 annual fee after the first year
Citi Double Cash Card
The Citi Double Cash Card is a favorable option for those who need to make a balance transfer. For balance transfers, get 0% intro APR for 18 months, then the variable APR of 15.24% to 25.24% applies.
- No limits on the total amount of cash back you earn
- No category restrictions for cash-back rewards
- No annual fee
- Get 1 percent cash back on purchases and 1 percent cash back as you pay off your balance
- Must complete balance transfers within four months of account opening
- Foreign purchases fee: 3 percent of the U.S. dollar amount of each purchase
Don’t Miss: Best Cash-Back Credit Cards
Starbucks Rewards Visa Card
If you’re a coffee drinker or a Starbucks fan, then this card might be for you. Get one star for every $4 you spend outside of Starbucks stores and up to three stars for every $1 you spend at Starbucks. If you spend $500 on purchases in the first three months from your account opening, you’ll get 2,500 stars, which means 20 food or drink rewards. As a bonus, the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card provides coverage for auto rental collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and internationally.
- Minimum interest charge: none
- Earn stars for most purchases
- Get eight free Starbucks food or beverage items during each 12-month period
- $49 annual fee
- Foreign transaction fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Up to $37 late payment fee
More Credit Cards Coming Soon
Keep an eye out for even more new credit card offers in 2018. New credit cards hit the market every month, so don’t settle until you’ve found the best.
Click through to see the best cash-advance credit cards.
More on Credit Cards