Visa is the largest credit card payment network, offering many different credit cards for both personal and business use. No matter what Visa credit card you choose, you’ll get the convenience of being able to pay with your card or mobile device, expedited card replacement if your card was lost or stolen when you contact Visa customer service, acceptance at millions of merchants worldwide, the option to pay your monthly balance in full or over time, and travel and retail purchase protection.
With so many options it can be hard to choose the best Visa credit card, but it really comes down to your personal needs. Are you looking to earn travel rewards, earn cash back, earn store credit or rebuild your credit? Will you be using the card for personal or business use? Consider opening one of these Visa cards once you know what you want out of a credit card.
|Best Visa Credit Card|
|Visa Card||Best For||Annual Fee||APR|
|Applied Bank Secured Visa Gold Preferred||Rebuilding credit||$48||9.99%|
|Capital One Quicksilver Card||Cash back||$0||0% intro APR for 15 months; then 14.74% to 24.74%|
|Capital One Spark Cash for Business||Small businesses||$0 for the first year; then $95||18.74%|
|Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card||Travel rewards||$0 for the first year; then $95||14.74% to 24.74%|
|Nordstrom Visa Signature Card||Store credit card||$0||12.40% to 24.40%|
If you want to rebuild your credit, the Applied Bank Secured Visa Gold Preferred card is a good option. There is no credit check or minimum credit score required with this card.
- Low, fixed APR at 9.99 percent
- Only $200 minimum deposit is required
- Credit limit up to $5,000
- $48 annual fee
- No rewards or cash back
Best for: Rebuilding credit.
This cash-back bank credit card from Visa Signature allows you to earn 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase, and there’s no annual fee.
- Earn a $150 cash bonus when you spend $500 on purchases within three months from account opening
- No rotating categories or opt-ins needed to get cash back
- Cash back is unlimited and does not expire
- Zero percent intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- No foreign transaction fee
- APR rises to 14.74 percent to 24.74 percent after the intro period
Best for: Cash back rewards for people with good or excellent credit.
Small business owners can benefit from the Capital One Spark Cash for Business Visa Signature card, which allows you to earn unlimited 2 percent cash back on all purchases. You can put that cash back into your business, which could translate to hundreds or even thousands of dollars that can be used to grow your company.
- $o intro annual fee for the first year
- Earn a $500 cash bonus when you spend $5,000 on purchases within three months from account opening
- No limiting categories for maximum cash back
- Rewards don’t expire
- Get additional cards for employees at no cost, which can help you earn more cash back faster
- Annual fee jumps to $95 after the first year
- No intro APR
Best for: Small business owners with good or excellent credit who want to earn cash back on business spending.
This Visa rewards card was named “The Best Travel Card” by CNBC in 2018. The card allows you to earn reward miles that can be redeemed for plane tickets and hotels. You’ll earn two miles for every purchase, and 10 miles for hotels booked through Hotels.com.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles — worth $500 towards travel — when you spend $3,000 on purchases within three months from account opening
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- Miles can be redeemed for flights and hotel stays with no restrictions
- Miles are unlimited and don’t expire
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year
- Annual fee rises to $95 after the first year
- No intro APR
Best for: Travel rewards for people with good or excellent credit.
This store credit card allows you to earn Nordstrom Notes that can be redeemed for purchases at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom.com, NordstromRack.com and HauteLook. You’ll earn two points for every dollar spent at any of the stores and websites affiliated with Nordstrom, and one point for every dollar spent everywhere else. Every 2,000 points earns you a $20 Nordstrom Note.
- No annual fee
- Choose a personal Triple Points Day every year to earn three times the points
- Get early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in the fall
- Can earn additional perks such as a holiday shopping party and VIP access
- No intro APR
Best for: Nordstrom shoppers who want to earn rewards for use at the store and its affiliates.
Are you considering opening a Mastercard instead? Keep reading for a comparison of Visa and Mastercard to find out which is better.
More on Credit Cards
- Advantages of the Costco Visa Credit Card
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card Review: Tiered Reward Benefits
- AAA Member Rewards Visa Credit Card Review: Simple, Flexible Rewards
- Watch: Corporate vs. Business Credit Cards: Which Is Best for Your Bottom Line?
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned byConsumerTrack, Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions, and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack, Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of GOBankingRates alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article.