With so many travel rewards cards out there, it can sometimes seem as though they are all the same. There is one that stands out, however, for its generous rewards with no annual fee*: the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card. You can earn 3X rewards points on select categories, including flights, hotels, rental cars, dining and popular streaming services. Plus, you can earn a welcome bonus and you can redeem your points in varied ways. Keep reading to find out what you need to know about the Wells Fargo Propel American Express card.
Wells Fargo Propel Card Welcome Bonus
One of the most attractive features of the Propel Card is the welcome bonus offer. When you open an account, you may qualify for 30,000 bonus rewards points if you spend $3,000 or more in purchases in the first three months of opening the account. That’s a $300 cash redemption value. Cash advances, balance transfers, fees and returns are excluded. On top of that, there’s no annual fee*, which is a rare feature for a card with rewards as generous as these.
How Wells Fargo Propel Rewards Work
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express card offers 3X points on popular purchases, including:
- Dining, including eating out and ordering in
- Gas Stations
- Transit, including ferries, trains
- Car rentals
- Popular streaming services
You can also earn 1X point on other purchases. The points do not expire as long as your account remains open.
How to Maximize Your Credit Card Rewards
Unlike some travel cards, the Propel Card offers bonus rewards points on many purchases in addition to travel. To maximize your rewards when you’re traveling or at home, use the card every time you buy gas at a gas station, dine out or even order pizza delivery. If you take a train or ferry to work, you can earn 3X points by using the card to pay for your fare. Pay eligible popular streaming service subscriptions with your credit card to rack up additional points. Plus, you’ll earn 1X points on other purchases.
Redeeming Your Wells Fargo Propel Card Rewards
The Wells Fargo Propel card offers some ways to redeem your rewards:
- Rewards points can be redeemed for a statement credit to your Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card account.
- You can redeem rewards for cash redemption options, gift cards for charitable donation, merchandise, gift cards and travel.
- You can complete a one-time transfer to another Go Far® Rewards account to combine your rewards
- You can gift your rewards to someone else who has a Wells Fargo Go Far® Rewards account.
Redemption requests can be made online, by phone or at a Wells Fargo ATM with a Wells Fargo ATM or Debit Card for cash in 2,000 point increments or to deposit into a checking or savings account in 2,500 point increments. You can also set up automatic redemptions when your rewards balance reaches a certain amount.
Additional Features and Benefits of the Wells Fargo Propel Credit Card
The Propel card has features that go beyond the rewards program, including:
- Cell phone protection
- 24/7 travel and emergency assistance
- Roadside assistance
- Extended warranty protection
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Advance access to concert, theater and event tickets
Generous rewards make the Wells Fargo Propel American Express card an excellent choice for travelers who want one credit card that rewards them on many categories, whether they are at home, on the road or across the world.