If you love to travel, you should get rewarded for it, and the Delta SkyMiles American Express card might be the one for you. The Delta credit card offers available and Delta Platinum benefits make this one of the best travel rewards cards on the market. Keep reading to find out more and decide if the Delta SkyMiles card has what you want — and need — in a credit card.
What’s In This American Express Delta Platinum SkyMiles Review
- What you need to know about the Delta Platinum credit card
- American Express Delta Platinum card key features
- Is the Delta SkyMiles card right for you?
Delta Platinum SkyMiles Credit Card — Key Details
Here’s an overview of the Delta Platinum SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express:
|American Express Delta Platinum SkyMiles Credit Card At a Glance|
|APR||17.49%-26.49% Variable APR|
|Cash Advance APR||26.99% APR for cash advances|
|Foreign transaction fees||No foreign transaction fees|
|Information accurate as of Sept. 4, 2018.|
Delta Platinum SkyMiles Credit Card Pros and Cons
Take a look at the advantages of this credit card:
- Free companion flight each year
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- No foreign transaction fees
- Roadside assistance service
Consider some of the disadvantages of this credit card before applying:
- $195 annual fee
- Variable 17.49%-26.49% APR
- 26.99% APR for cash advances
Best for: Those who want a travel rewards card with ongoing options to boost miles will love this Delta card. It’s also a good choice for those who want extra perks, such as a free companion certificate each year, priority boarding, discounted Delta Sky Club access and much more.
Must-Read: 36 Travel Tips for Everyone on a Budget
This credit card has plenty of great features, with these being the most attractive to frequent travelers:
- Domestic, main cabin, round-trip companion certificate each year you renew card
- 10,000 MQMs and 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 on purchases in the calendar year
- 2 miles per dollar spent on direct Delta purchases
- 20 percent savings on in-flight purchases
- Priority boarding
- Discounted Delta Sky Club access
Other Delta Credit Card Features
Check out these additional features this Delta credit card offers:
- First checked bag free
- Baggage insurance program
- No foreign transaction fees
Choose the card Delta Platinum SkyMiles if you love to travel and want to make the most of your miles. You’ll get lots of benefits with the card, but if you don’t want to pay the hefty $195 annual fee, you might want to look elsewhere.
More on Credit Cards
- How to Travel the World for Practically Free
- United Airlines Credit Card Comparison
- Which Southwest Credit Card Should You Choose?
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned by ConsumerTrack, Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack, Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article. All fees and rates are subject to change at the issuers’ discretion. Some interest rates might be short-term or promotional offers only, and it is possible additional terms and conditions must be met in order to obtain the interest rates listed. Rates and availability might vary by region. Verify terms and conditions before opening an account.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone and have not been endorsed by American Express.