Best Buy opened its doors in 1966 as an electronics store called Sound of Music. The company changed its name to Best Buy in 1983 as it added home appliances and VCRs. Known for its warehouse-style stores and commission-free staff, Best Buy has more than 900 stores in the U.S. To make payments for your purchases more convenient, Best Buy offers two credit card options.
Best Buy Credit Card Options and Rewards
Best Buy offers two credit card options issued by Citi®: a retail version that works only at Best Buy stores and a Visa-branded Best Buy credit card that’s accepted anywhere that accepts Visa. The My Best Buy credit card and the My Best Buy Visa card earn Best Buy Rewards — like 5% back on qualifying purchases — and come with flexible financing options.
How To Make a Best Buy Credit Card Payment
When it’s time to pay your My Best Buy credit card bill, you have several options — online, by phone, via text or by mail. Here are the details for each payment method.
How To Make a Best Buy Credit Card Payment Online
To pay your bill online, you’ll need to use your My Best Buy credit card login.
- Load the website. Visit the credit card registration page on Citi’s website.
- Register. Provide the credit card number, your name, the card’s security code and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Log in. Once registered, you can log in to your Best Buy account online with your user ID and password.
- Follow the prompts. Have your checking account number and your bank routing number handy. Then, follow the prompts to make the payment.
- Pay your account and create alerts. In addition to paying your account through the website, you can activate alerts and manage your account.
How To Make a Best Buy Credit Card Payment by Phone
Citi allows you to make a payment on your Best Buy credit card account by phone using its free, automated system at 888-574-1301. You’ll need to provide your checking account and bank routing number and have a valid check ready to complete the payment.
How To Make a Best Buy Credit Card Payment by Text
Another option is to pay by text. Note that your cellphone provider may charge you for sending and receiving texts. Here’s how to do it:
- Text PAY to 81964 from the device linked to your Best Buy account.
- You’ll have to verify your identity, then text the amount you want to pay and indicate the account you’re using to make the payment.
How To Make a Best Buy Credit Card Payment by Mail
To pay your Best Buy credit card by mail, you’ll need to send a check or money order along with your account number. The address you send it to depends on the type of card you have.
If you’re paying a My Best Buy credit card account, send the payment to:
My Best Buy Credit Card Payments
P.O. Box 9001007
Louisville, KY 40290-1007
To pay your My Best Buy Visa bill, send the payment to:
My Best Buy Visa Card Payments
P.O. Box 78009
Phoenix, AZ 85062-8009
If you’re making a late bill payment on either Best Buy credit card and want the payment to arrive the next day, use this address:
Attn: Consumer Payment Dept.
6716 Grade Lane
Building 9, Suite 910
Louisville, KY 40213
For My Best Buy credit card payments, address the envelope to My Best Buy Credit Card Overnight Delivery/Express Payment. For the Visa-branded account, address your payment to My Best Buy Visa Credit Card Overnight Delivery/Express Payments.
The bottom line is simple. The My Best Buy card is a compelling offering with enticing rewards. Moreover, when it’s time for cardholders to pay their bills, check their balances or otherwise manage their accounts, Citi makes the process simple with multiple options.
FAQBest Buy credit cards, like any other financial product, often inspire questions, so you shouldn't be ashamed if you have a few of your own. Find the answers to some of the most common questions about these cards below.
- Can I use my Best Buy credit card anywhere?
- There are two different types of Best Buy credit cards. The first is the My Best Buy card, a retail credit card that cardholders can only use in Best Buy stores or when shopping for Best Buy online. This option will not work everywhere.
- The second option is the My Best Buy Rewards Visa card. Cardholders can use the My Best Buy Rewards Visa card anywhere Visa is accepted. Regardless of which card cardholders use and where they use it, they earn rewards with each swipe.
- How do I check my Best Buy credit card balance?
- You can check the balance on your Best Buy credit card in two ways:
- 1. Check your balance online. Log in online to view your balance and manage your account.
- 2. Check your balance over the phone. You can also call Citi customer service at 1-888-574-1301 to check your balance and manage your account.
- Does the Best Buy credit card affect your credit score?
- Citi pulls information from and reports credit card activity to the credit bureaus, so having the card will likely impact your credit score. Most new loans cause short-term declines in credit scores. However, they can increase your credit score when you use them properly.
Joshua Rodriguez contributed to the reporting for this article.
Information is accurate as of Dec. 6, 2022.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.