- Wells Fargo and American Express are teaming up for a new version of the Propel Card.
- With this card, you can earn rewards on streaming services like Netflix and Hulu.
It’s been a rough couple of years for Wells Fargo & Company, but a revised partnership with American Express could be just what its image needs. Wells Fargo recently announced that it will be releasing a new version of its Propel Card that offers triple points, a 30,000-point bonus and — the cherry on top — no annual fee.
This new Propel American Express card takes a competitive spot among the best rewards credit cards on the market thanks to earning categories that feel relevant to today’s consumers. All purchases earn rewards points, but cardholders earn three times as many for eating out or ordering in; on travel expenses such as airline tickets, car rentals, taxis and ride-shares, and hotels; and even on streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Apple Music and Spotify.
Other top perks include:
- 30,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months
- No annual fee
- No point limits or expiration as long as the account is open
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months
- Access to exclusive presale tickets and offers from American Express
The biggest drawback? American Express. The card can only be used where all American Express cards are accepted, which isn’t as ubiquitous as Mastercard or Visa.
The news of a competitive rewards card couldn’t come soon enough for Wells Fargo. At least three huge scandals surrounding the big bank have broken since 2016, shedding light on some sketchy business practices and prompting the Federal Reserve to step in and demand an end to its “widespread consumer abuses.”
If you’re looking for a new card, it’s worth considering one that you can use to make money.
More on Credit Card Rewards