8 Ways To Earn Free Crypto
Crypto has the potential to grow in value over time. Bitcoin, perhaps the best-known currency, is currently valued at over $17,000 but was worth $3,000 just a few years ago. Imagine what your investment would look like if you could earn free crypto and hold it for a while.
Here is a glance at some of the ways to earn free crypto:
- Look for a signup bonus
- Crypto staking
- Join a faucet
- Add a rewards web browser
1. Look for a Signup Bonus
Just like banks offer bonuses for opening an account, many exchanges entice you with free crypto. Check out the following:
- Gemini: Offers $10 in bitcoin when you use a referral link and if you trade at least $100 in coins in the first month after signup.
- Coinbase: Earn $10 in BTC when you use the code PASSIONSTRUCK at signup.
- TradeStation: $150 in BTC when you purchase at least $500 in coins or fund your account with at least $500 in the first 45 days after signup.
Some platforms such as Binance and Coinbase produce short videos or tutorials with the incentive of awarding you with some free tokens if you watch and pass a short quiz. It only takes a few minutes of your time to learn more about the digital currency world but you could earn free crypto.
3. Crypto Staking
Once you start building a crypto portfolio, you could stake your tokens to earn cash for more. It’s a form of currency stabilization. Similar to a certificate of deposit, you’ll need to commit your crypto for a period of time to earn interest while it’s staked. Rates can vary between 3% and 20% APY.
StakingRewards is a site that tracks the most lucrative tokens to stake and the top platforms. If you have the following coins, they may earn you a return of:
Some games allow you to unlock and earn free crypto by completing game missions. It’s a fun way to earn tokens in your downtime. Some of the most popular play-to-earns are:
- Sandbox: Create a whole Kverse and buy virtual land.
- Crypto Popcoin: Earn free Ethereum and PopCoin by grouping and popping coins.
- MetaBlaze: NFT-driven gaming. You can earn bitcoin, ethereum, solana, binance coin and more.
- Lucky Block: Buy tickets to be entered into draws.
You could keep fit and earn free crypto. Move-to-earn platforms pay out crypto for moving — exercise, walking and running could all qualify.
Coin Hunt World is similar to Pokemon Go. You’ll need to walk, ride a bike or run around and open boxes, collect keys and more to earn bitcoin and ethereum for free. Step App counts your steps when you run, jog or walk to pay out tokens. Plus, you can compete against other users worldwide.
There are survey-for-money websites that let you earn cash. Some platforms such as Grab Points will offer crypto — namely bitcoin — instead of cash. It’s a great way to start building your bank of tokens while passing the time answering questions and taking quizzes.
7. Join a Faucet
Faucet services allow you to sign up and complete activities such as solving puzzles or filling out a CAPTCHA to earn crypto. If you prefer more variety in the form of different activities, a faucet may be the best option. Some of the top faucet platforms include:
- Faucet Crypto
8. Add a Rewards Web Browser
If you tend to spend time surfing the web, you could earn free crypto simply for browsing. Install the Brave browser to receive tokens for everyday activities. In addition, the platform claims it’s private, removing ads and trackers from websites you visit but giving you the option to view Brave-approved content instead.
If you’re just getting started with crypto or you’d like to earn free tokens simply for doing everyday activities, there are plenty of options available to grow a cryptocurrency portfolio. All you need to do is invest some time consistently to start earning.
FAQ on Earning Free CryptoHere are the answers to some common questions that you may have when you start exploring the possibilities of earning free crypto.
- Which crypto app gives free coins?
- Several crypto apps including Gemini, Coinbase and TradeStation reward new account holders with free tokens.
- Can you earn crypto by playing games for free?
- Gamers will love crypto-based play-to-earn games such as Sandbox, Crypto Popcoin and Lucky Block. Free games that reward you with tokens for having fun playing are some of the best ways to earn free crypto.
- How can I get free ETH?
- Platforms such as Rollercoin let you play games and mine ethereum for free. Other sites such as Idle Empire let you take surveys and complete activities to get free ETH.
- How do you get a shiba inu coin for free?
- Sites like Freecash and Cointiply will pay you in crypto for completing activities such as solving puzzles or filling out a CAPTCHA.
Suchetana Bhattacharyea contributed to the reporting for this article.
Information is accurate as of Dec. 15, 2022.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
- 101 Blockchains. 2022. "A Complete List Of Top Crypto Faucets."