Car prices are rising, yet auto loan rates remain low, at least for now; to get behind the wheel, borrowers are taking out larger loans than ever before.
To help buyers take advantage of the lowest auto loan rates today from local institutions, GOBankingRates released a list of the best rates in San Antonio.
“Although mortgage rates are increasing, auto loan rates are still low,” said Amanda Garcia, of GOBankingRates. “GOBankingRates consistently finds auto loan rates below 3% at many community banks and credit unions.”
GOBankingRates also surveyed the average auto loan rates on the city, state and national levels.
Average New Auto Loan Rates:
9 Lowest Auto Loan Rates in San Antonio
- No. 1– Air Force Federal Credit Union: 1.60% (4- and 5-Year)
- No. 2– Firstmark Credit Union: 1.65% (3-, 4- and 5-Year)
- No. 3– Generations Federal Credit Union: 1.99%* (3-, 4- and 5-Year)
- No. 4– Bank of America: 2.34% (5-Year)
- No. 5– Chase Bank: 2.88% (4-Year)
- No. 6– BBVA Compass Bank and Woodforest National Bank: 2.99% (5-Year and 3-Year, respectively)
- No. 7– Broadway Bank and Wells Fargo: 3.24% (3- and 4-Year, respectively)
- No. 8– Security Service Federal Credit Union: 3.45% (3-, 4- and 5-Year)
- No. 9– Prosperity Bank: 3.49% (3-Year)
*Promotional rate offer ends April 30, 2014.
About This Study
GOBankingRates surveyed base rates for three-, four- and five-year auto loans from banks and credit unions in Bexar County as of March 3, 2014. Data is from the GOBankingRates interest rate database, which partners with Informa Research Services Inc. to aggregate interest rates from more than 6,000 U.S. financial institutions.
Interest rates could change; accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Other terms and conditions could apply. All rates are shown in APR.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.