Do You Tip for Service? Take Our Poll
As part of our Modern Money Etiquette guide, GoBankingRates has put together a series of articles around tipping culture. A recent GOBankingRates survey showed how much people tip in different situations, and we also address topics such as which generation tips least, how much to tip in every situation, and whether to tip or not to tip depending on the service.
Take Our Poll: Do You Tip for Service?
Some of the key results of our survey:
- Two-thirds of people typically tip at least 20% for good service
- Over 56% of people still tip at least 15% even when service is bad
- Two-thirds of people ages 25-34 tip 15% or more even when service is bad
- 16% don’t tip at all if service is bad
See our tipping series:
- Here’s Which Generation Tips the Least
- To Tip or Not To Tip? When the Service Is Not Good
- Gratuity Guide: How Much To Tip in Every Situation
- 27% of People Tip this Surprising Amount When Restaurant Service Is Good
- To Tip or Not To Tip? When a Service Charge Is Included
- Should You Tip More During Inflation?
More From GOBankingRates