Where Americans Get Their Money Advice: A Look at the Most Influential Names in Finance
When you want financial advice, who do you turn to? GOBankingRates wanted to know how most Americans would answer this, so we looked at best-selling money advice books, top-rated podcasts, popular radio shows, newspaper columns and frequent television appearances to determine who the top mainstream money experts are in the U.S.
So if you’re looking for money advice on saving more, spending less, investing wisely, retiring wealthy and more, these are the experts you can rely on.
And the Winners Are…
There are countless financial writers, bloggers and commentators, but these individuals — and their work — stood out from the pack.
- Where Do Americans Get Their Money Advice? The Full List
- Where Do Americans Get Their Money Advice? Top Books
- Where Do Americans Get Their Money Advice? Top Podcasts and Radio Shows
- Where Do Americans Get Their Money Advice? Top Blogs and Websites
- Where Do Americans Get Their Money Advice? Top TV Shows
- Where Do Americans Get Their Money Advice? Top News Columns
Get To Know the Experts
How did these money experts gain their expertise? And what advice do they have for you? We spoke to a number of America’s top money experts to hear their stories get their best tips.
- Finance Pro Rachel Cruze Shares the Biggest Money Mistake You’re Probably Making
- ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’ Author Robert Kiyosaki: You Should Never Say ‘I Can’t Afford That’
- Self-Taught Investor Andrew Sather Shares the 2 Key Things He Did To Boost His Portfolio
- Real Estate Investing Guru Mindy Jensen Says To Avoid These Types of Properties
- FOX Business’s Charles Payne Breaks Down the Ideal Asset Allocation for Long-Term Gains
- Paula Pant Achieved Financial Independence — Here’s What’s Holding Other Women Back
- Columnist Michelle Singletary Says You Should ‘Learn To Hate Debt’
- ‘Jill on Money’ Host Jill Schlesinger Says the Key To Paying Off Debt Is Starting Small
- Brown Ambition’s Mandi Woodruff Says This 1 Simple Trick Will Help You Boost Your Savings
- We Study Billionaires Host Stig Brodersen Says This Investment Will Give You the Best Returns
- Fox Business’ Liz Claman: Having a Balanced Portfolio Isn’t the Best Strategy Anymore
- Columnist David Lazarus Shares the 2 Things All Consumers Should Be Doing To Protect Themselves
- Surprising Early Jobs of 10 Money Experts
- A Look Back at the Career of Suze Orman
- A Look Back at the Career of Jim Cramer
Advice for Every Person and Phase of Life
No matter where you are in your financial journey — whether you’re starting your first job, looking to build your investment portfolio or getting ready to retire — you can surely benefit from some expert insights. We’ve gathered up some of the best money advice these experts have shared.
- Best Expert Money Advice for Millennials
- Best Expert Money Advice for Women
- Best Expert Money Advice for Boomers
- Best Expert Money Advice for Retirees
- Best Money Experts for Each Generation
- Top Retirement Advice From These Top 10 Experts
More From GOBankingRates