If you are like many, your home will be visited by a leaner Santa Claus this year. No need to fret, as necessity is the mother of invention and there are a number of legal and fun ways to make some legitimate extra cash ensuring that a good time will be had by one and all.
- Blog It: Whether you have an interesting perspective on reality or a vast knowledge of all things trivial, chances are there is an audience for that. Creating a blog you will not only provide you with a platform for expression, but your site can be used to earn some extra money via Google Ad Words. Visit Blogger.com to get started.
- Clean Your Closets: The odd selection of nick-knacks cluttering your home may have a cash value to someone else. Sell your stash via Ebay.com , a yard sale or listing the item on your local Craigslist.
- Visit the Dentist: A dental check up is a smart move for your overall health, as problems can be detected early on. That means that those old, gold fillings of yours may need to come out of your mouth. If that is the case, you can just sell the gold fillings for cash.
- Golden Hostess: Hosting a gold party will require opening up your home to your friends and a reputable certified gold dealer. Your guests just need to bring in their old gold jewelry and in return they will get paid cash on the spot. As the hostess, you will earn a commission on all the transactions conducted during your event.
- Elf Yourself: Santa is at nearly every mall this holiday and he needs help. Whether you get a seasonal job in retail or help out the red suited man, you will get your Christmas wish of making extra money.
- Sell Your Skills: Are you an amazing closet organizer, gift wrapper or resume writer? Advertise your services on Craigslist and create your own part-time employment opportunity.
- Save More: Keep more of your money in your pocket by hosting a holiday gift swap. Those traded items will make excellent gifts for your friends while avoiding the stigma of being a regifter.
- Get Crafty: If your friends have been admiring your homemade pies, necklaces, candles and whatnots for years, offer to make them one (or more) in exchange for cash.
- Cash in Your Change: Nearly everyone has a jar filled with loose change. What are you waiting for, bring the bounty to the nearest Coinstar machine and convert it to much needed bill currency.
- Pawn It: If you believed that “three times a charm” and have the wedding rings to prove it, sell off the old baubles to your local pawn broker.
With a little ingenuity, you too can come up with great ideas for raising some quick cash this holiday season. If you have a doozy, feel free to post it and share it with the rest of the GoBankingRates.com community.