- Mike Trout is poised to sign the largest contract in professional sports history.
- The two-time MVP began playing professional baseball as a teenager.
- Trout’s pending contract with the Los Angeles Angels is worth at least $430 million.
Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels might seal the largest contract in professional sports history. The two parties are close to inking a 12-year deal worth at least $430 million, ESPN reported Tuesday. For comparison, boxer Canelo Alvarez signed a five-year contract worth at least $365 million in October 2018, which is also among the most lucrative deals the sports world has ever seen.
Trout could be on track to becoming the most well-paid athlete in American sports, but what’s he worth? Here’s what you need to know about the Major League superstar’s finances.
Birthdate: Aug. 7, 1991
Net Worth: $45 million
Primary Sources of Income: MLB salary, endorsements
Career Highlights: American League MVP in 2016 and 2014
Mike Trout Net Worth: $45 Million
Mike Trout is worth $45 million according to Celebrity Net Worth. His current salary stands around $34 million, according to USA Today. With that more than $430 million deal spread over 12 years, that would bump that number close to $36 million.
Trout has a pretty lucrative future ahead of him. In addition to his high salary, he has generated additional income through sponsorship deals with Nike and BodyArmor, according to Forbes.
Mike Trout Personal Life
Trout himself, however, doesn’t seem to want to live the lavish life that’s usually associated with such a large income.
“Mike’s a really great player and a really nice person,” said MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred in 2018. “But he’s made certain decisions about what he wants to do and what he doesn’t want to do and how he wants to spend his free time and how he doesn’t want to spend his free time. That’s up to him. If he wants to engage and be more active in that area, I think we could make his brand really, really big.”
More on Sports and Money
- How Barry Bonds, Cecil Fielder and Other MLB Players Lost Their Fortunes
- What Are the Top NBA Players Worth? See the Finances of the All-Star Team
- 24 Athletes Who Lost Their Huge Endorsement Deals
- Watch: Serena Williams Fined $17K After Controversial US Open Match
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.