Presidents Day is Feb. 20, and retailers celebrate the holiday with all kinds of sales, with department stores typically offering the deepest discounts. That's according to Mark Mazza, co-founder and CEO of online deal site PromoCodeWatch.
Although you might find some big-ticket items on sale, don't expect much in the way of electronics. HDTVs are the exception, though. "Presidents Day is one of the best times to get a TV," said Mazza.
Here are the best Presidents Day deals, and where to find the best online coupons.
Presidents Day Furniture and Home Decor Sales
Numerous stores are running Presidents Day furniture sales, but you can also find discounts on home decor. Here's where to shop.
- Ashley HomeStore: Get 45 percent off home decor.
- Bassett: Get 25 percent off storewide, 30 percent off sectionals and beds, and 35 percent off rugs.
- Ethan Allen: Save up to 20 percent online and in stores.
- Havertys: The entire store is on sale. Use code PRESDAY17 for 10 percent off accessories.
- Home Decorators Collection: Save between 20 and 75 percent on hundreds of outlet items.
- JCPenney: Get up to 60 percent off home goods, from appliances to furniture.
- Joss & Main: Save up to 80 percent during the semi-annual sale, held around the time of Presidents Day.
- La-Z-Boy: Save up to $1,000 on a variety of sofas, chairs, recliners and more.
- Living Spaces: Save big bucks on furniture from sofas to dining tables, dressers and more.
- Overstock: Take up to 70 percent off furniture, home decor and more.
- Pottery Barn: Get up to 75 percent off hundreds of items.
- Raymour & Flanigan: Everything is on sale, plus you'll get 0% APR for 72 months until 10 p.m. on Feb. 20.
- Rooms To Go: Get five years of interest-free financing on purchases of $1,499.99 through Feb. 20.
- Sears: Get up to 40 percent off Kenmore appliances with free shipping on orders over $399, and an extra $50 off for purchases of $499 or more. Use coupon code KENMORE50.
- Slumberland Furniture: Get up to 70 percent off list prices.
- Target: Save up to 30 percent on furniture, patio items and more, plus get an extra 10 percent off.
- The Land of Nod: Sale furniture, bedding, toys, storage, rugs and lighting are up to 65 percent off.
- Urban Home: Save up to 40 percent during their Presidents Day Sale.
- Walker Furniture: Get no interest for four years, plus hundreds of door buster deals.
- Wayfair: Get up to 70 percent off living room furniture, area rugs, tableware and bedding.
- West Elm: Save 30 percent on select tabletop items and get 20 percent off your purchase with code MARCHON.
- William Sonoma: Get free and fast shipping on orders over $49 with code SHIP4FREE at checkout.
- Z Gallerie: Use promo code ESCAPE15 to receive 15 percent off regularly priced items. Exclusions apply.
Presidents Day Mattress Sales
Keep an eye out for a Presidents Day mattress sale or two in your area. The holiday is a great time to buy a mattress, according to DealNews.
- Beautyrest: Shop the Presidents Day Mattress Sale 2017 for deals on mattresses like the Beautyrest Black, Platinum and SmartMotion.
- Costco: Get up to $500 off mattresses. No coupon code required.
- Crate & Barrel: Save up to 20 percent on mattresses, beds and bedding through Feb. 20.
- Mattress Firm: Save up to $300 on Tempur-Pedic mattress sets, up to $150 on full or queen Sealy sets, and more.
- Sleepy's: Shop the retailer for deep discounts on mattresses, plus free nationwide delivery on orders over $599.
- Sleep Train: Beautyrest and Stearns & Foster mattresses are up to $400 off.
- TEMPUR-PEDIC: Save up to $300 on mattresses and $200 on adjustable bases, and get $300 in free accessories with the purchase of a mattress set.
Presidents Day Sales on Clothing, Shoes and Accessories
You'll have plenty of chances to save on new additions to your wardrobe on and around Presidents Day.
- Aeropostale: Clearance items are on sale for up to 80 percent off.
- Ann Taylor: Get an extra 50 percent off sale styles and an extra 60 percent off sale jewelry.
- Bloomingdale's: Take 20 percent off select jewelry and watches during The Jewelry Event through Feb. 20.
- Carter's: Pick up $8 jammies, plus get 50 percent off the entire store and website.
- Charlotte Russe: All jeans are buy one, get one for just $12.50.
- Children's Place: Earn double points and double rewards on kids' clothing through Feb. 28, plus free shipping on any order.
- David's Bridal: Select wedding dresses originally $700-$1,600 are now $499. Also take $50-$150 off regular price wedding dresses through Feb. 21.
- Destination Maternity: All denim is buy, one get one for 50 percent off, plus take an extra 30 percent off sale styles.
- Dick's Sporting Goods: Get up to 40 percent off select footwear, $30 off select running shoes, $100 off YETI coolers and much more.
- Eddie Bauer: Take 40 percent off everything. Exclusions apply.
- Evo: Take advantage of new markdowns and discounts up to 70 percent off outlet prices.
- Express: Not only can you take 50 percent off clearance items, but if you spend at least $50, you'll get free shipping.
- Fabletics: Get two pairs of leggings to $24 when you become a VIP member.
- Free People: Enjoy free standard delivery through Feb. 19.
- Forever 21: Save up to 60 percent, plus get free shipping on orders of $30 or more.
- Gymboree: Save up to 80 percent when you take an additional 50 percent off kids clearance clothing.
- H&M: Select styles are up to 80 percent off.
- JCPenney: Use coupon code SOCOLD and get 20 percent off select orders.
- J.Crew: Take 50 percent off everything in stores and online. No exclusions.
- JCPenney: Both in store and online, save $10 when you spend $25 or get an extra 20 percent off with your JCPenny credit card with these coupons.
- Kohl's: Use coupon code SAVEMORE and take an extra 20 percent off your order.
- La-Z-Boy: Save 25 percent off everything in store.
- L.L. Bean: Take as much as 50 percent off sale items and get free shipping.
- Macy's: Get an extra 20 percent off plus free shipping when you spend $49. Save an extra 10 to 15 percent on select departments with code PRES.
- Men's Wearhouse: All clearance items are up to 70 percent off.
- Nordstrom: Find The North Face products for up to 40 percent off this Presidents Day.
- Old Navy: Save up to 50 percent storewide for men, women and children.
- PacSun: Buy one pair of pants, get another for 50 percent off.
- Steve Madden: Take 25 percent off online and in stores, plus free shipping, with code PREZ at checkout through Feb. 21.
- Tommy Hilfiger: Take as much as 60 percent off sitewide. No coupon code needed.
- Urban Outfitters: Select jackets and outerwear are up to 30 percent off.
Presidents Day Sales on Appliances and Electronics
For electronics, Best Buy offers the best deals around Presidents Day; look out for deep discounts on electronics around Feb. 20. You can also shop other retailers, like Microsoft, for comparable discounts.
- AJ Madison: Save up to 30 percent on select kitchen and laundry appliances.
- Appliance Connection: Save up to 65 percent, plus get free delivery and no sales tax (excludes New York).
- AT&T: Get $100 cash back with a new activation.
- Best Buy: Get a $25 rebate with an online purchase of $250.
- Dell: Save up to 40 percent on popular electronics and accessories.
- hhgreg: Save up to 35 percent on washers, dryers, refrigerators and small kitchen appliances.
- Home Depot: Enjoy savings of up to 35 percent on special appliances and free delivery on qualifying purchases.
- HP: Get $10 off plus free shipping on your order of $60 or more when you use coupon code EMRY9599.
- Frys.com: Save big on HD and 4K TVs with this code.
- GearBest: Take 8 percent off your order with coupon code TWITTER.
- GoDaddy: Take 35 percent off new products with coupon code CJCRMN35.
- JCPenney: Get up to 30 percent off major appliances, plus 18 or 30 months of special financing, and free delivery and basic installation on purchases over $299.
- Microsoft: Select PCs are up to 50 percent off.
- Sears: Save an extra 10 percent on small appliances worth $50 or more with online code HOME10.
- Sur La Table: KitchenAid appliances are up to 35 percent off and waffle makers are 20 percent off. Use code SHIPFREE at checkout for free shipping.
- Verizon: Use coupon code RETAILMENOT and get $100 off select smartphones along with free shipping.
President’s Day Car Sales
In the market for a new vehicle? Manufacturers are offering great deals on everything from SUVs and sedans to luxury cars.
- Buick: Score $2,000 cash back and 0 percent financing for 60 months on a new 2017 Encore.
- BMW: Lease a 2016 320i sedan for $279 a month and get financing as low as 2.9% APR, among other offers.
- Cadillac: Get $5,000 cash back on a 2016 CT6.
- Chevrolet: Pay just $189 a month for 39 months with $1,619 due at signing on a 2017 Cruze Hatch.
- Ford: Receive $3,500 cash back on a 2017 Escape if you finance through Ford Motor Credit.
- GMC: Get $2,500 cash back on a 2017 Acadia SUV.
- Honda: Lease a 2017 Accord for $199 per month and $1,999 due at signing.
- Hyundai: For $149 a month and $1,699 due at signing, you can lease a 2017 Elantra.
- Jeep: Receive $5,500 cash allowance on a brand new Cherokee.
- Kia: Get 0 percent financing for 60 months and $500 bonus cash on a 2017 Sorento.
- Mazda: Lease a 2017 Mazda3 for $169 a month and $1,999 due at signing.
- Mercedes Benz: For $299 per month and $3,643 down at signing, you can drive away with a new 2016 CLA250 Coupe.
- Nissan: Score $4,500 cash back on a 2017 Titan truck.
- Toyota: Drive off with a 2017 Camry for 0 percent financing for 72 months, plus $500 cash back.
- Volkswagen: Pay just $169 per month and put $2,999 down at signing for a 2017 Passat.
Other Presidents Day Sales
Score significant savings on a variety of goods, from tires to guitars.
- Discount Tire Direct: Get up to $320 in prepaid Visa cards with your purchase from Feb. 13 to 20.
- Goodyear Tires: Get up to $145 back in prepaid Visa cards through Feb. 28.
- Groupon: Take 25 percent off your purchase with code WELCOME. Valid through Feb. 28.
- Guitar Center: Save big on guitars, drum sets, keyboards and more, both in store and online.
- Harry & David: Save up to 25 percent or get free shipping on a variety of items with these coupons.
- Medieval Times: Save up to $23 per person with code PD17. Valid only on Feb. 20.
- The Wall Street Journal: Pay just $1 for a two-month subscription.
- Travelocity: Fly to a variety of domestic and international destinations, including New York City to Miami, for just $98 roundtrip.
- Walgreens: Take $10 off orders of $60 or more online through Feb. 26.
This year, take advantage of Presidents Day sales on must-have items. From furniture to apparel, you can find deals that help you save more ahead of spring.