The Easter Bunny is on his way, meaning shoppers are stocking up on Easter candy, Easter outfits and trinkets for Easter baskets. A survey conducted by the National Retail Federation found that the average American celebrating Easter will spend $137.46 on the holiday — just about what they spent for Valentine’s Day 2014.
The biggest expense is Easter candy, which almost 90 percent of celebrants will buy, and Easter dinner was a close second with nearly 86 percent of shoppers planning a special meal. Other items shoppers planned to buy included Easter dresses or outfits, gifts, decorations and flowers.
The Best of Easter 2014 Sales and Easter-Basket Deals
Below we’ve listed the best deals we could find to help you stock up on Easter candy, a new spring outfit, and much more — without springing your bank account wide open.
- 1-800-Flowers: Coupon code FREE2SHIP gets shoppers free shipping and no service charge, a savings of $15, when shopping this exclusive collection. Valid on orders made through April 18.
- Aeropostale: All items are 50 to 70 percent off site-wide, and the coupon code STOCKUP will get shoppers an extra 10 percent off when spending $50 or more, 20 percent off for purchases $75 and up, or 30 percent off orders of $100 and above, through April 20.
- Amazon: The online retailer is offering discounts up to 40 percent off on Easter candy for a limited time while supplies last.
- dressbarn: Buy two dresses and get $10 off with code DRESS14.
- EXPRESS: A store-wide sale has all items marked down by 40 percent through April 22 (discount applied in cart).
- J. Crew: Coupon code BIGSALE will get shoppers and extra 50 percent off final sale items or 30 percent off regular sale items.
- JCPenney: In addition to its Easter Sale markdowns, JCPenney is offering online shoppers $10 off an order of $50 and up, or $30 off of $100 with code LEOPARD2. Take an extra 10 percent off watches, furniture, mattresses and custom blinds and shades with code FOX24. This printable coupon will get shopers $10 off $25 or more on apparel, shoes, accessories, fine jewelry and home items. Sale and code valid through April 19.
- Kohl’s: Shoppers will receive $10 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent through April 19. Kohl’s Cash coupons are redeemable April 20 through May 3.
- Olive Garden: The restaurant’s Buy One, Take One offer gets diners an entree when dining in and a second entree to take home, all for only $12.99.
- Outback Steakhouse: Get a free kid’s meal with the purchase of an adult entree when you say “kids eat free” to your server.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Get a free classic milkshake when you buy a $10 gift card. No coupon needed. Offer ends May 6, and gift card must be used by May 31.
- Sur La Table: Easter-themed kitchen items and crafts are 50 percent off. Orders over $59 get free shipping with code SHIPFREE.
- Target: The retailer’s weekly ad includes coupons for $1 off Easter candy and $10 off of $50 or more in grocery items. The store is also offering a buy one, get one 50 percent off deal for select toys from top brands.
- Toys”R”Us: The Red Hot Easter Deals features a selection of popular toys, dolls and games marked down up to 60 percent. All video games are also buy one, get one 40 percent off, no coupon needed. Shoppers can also save $5 on Barbie, Monster High, Thomas the Train, Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price items with coupon codes found here.
- Walmart: The superstore is offering a select Easter baskets and candy on clearance, with prices marked down up to 30 percent. Walmart is also selling a pack of five Cadbury Creme Eggs for $2.88 (or $0.58 per egg).
- Wingstop: Print this coupon to get a free order of five chili lime boneless wings with any wing purchase through April 25.
Photo credit: Amber McNamara