If you’re looking to save money on credit card interest, this (Rates & Fees) review aims to help you decide if this is your best option.
- $0 annual fee
- Low introductory APR for 21 months
- Three-month introductory APR extension
- Low cost on balance transfers
- Roadside service, cell phone protection and zero liability protection
- Balance transfers are subject to approval and fees
- No grace period on balance transfers
- Loss of introductory APR for late payments
Wells Fargo Reflect Card Overview
Wells Fargo is well known for responsible lending in consumer credit, providing customers with the information needed to make sound decisions about credit products and services. Whether you’re a bank member or not, you’re bound to find the right Wells Fargo credit card for your consumer needs. The Wells Fargo Reflect Card is the newest one it offers, backed by Visa and designed to help you save on credit card interest.
Some of the Wells Fargo Reflect Card’s benefits include:
- $0 annual fee
- Access to select merchant deals
- Built-in unauthorized transaction liability protection
- 24/7 emergency Roadside Dispatch
- Up to $600 of cell phone protection
Continue reading to learn more about other benefits the offers and decide whether it’s worth carrying in your wallet.
Who Is the Wells Fargo Reflect Credit Card Best For?
The Wells Fargo Reflect Card is best for those who would like an extended period of flexibility when paying for purchases. It offers an initial 21 months of 0% APR from account opening on purchases and qualifiying balance transfers. If you’re not sure if you can pay off your Wells Fargo Reflect credit card’s balance within 21 months, you might want to reconsider. After the 0% APR period, interest rates increase from .
There’s good news if you have balances to transfer from other higher-interest credit cards: Balance transfers made within 120 days of opening a Wells Fargo Reflect Card account qualify for the 0% introductory rate and fee. Simply sign on to your Wells Fargo account online and request a Reflect credit card balance transfer under “Account Management.”
If you’re looking for a credit card that offers a welcome bonus or spending rewards, then the Wells Fargo Reflect Card may not be for you. You might change your mind, though, if you also value saving on interest payments.
Features of the Wells Fargo Reflect Credit Card
The Wells Fargo Reflect Card earned a GOBankingRates score of 4.5 out of 5. Here are a few details on the attractive features that earned this credit card a high score.
Cell Phone Protection
If you’ve ever dropped and damaged your cell phone or had it stolen, credit card cell phone protection is a nice coverage option to have. With your Wells Fargo Reflect Card, you can get up to $600 of cell phone protection. To be eligible, you must pay your monthly cell phone bill using the card. The benefit is limited to replacing or repairing your original cell phone, and you will have to pay a $25 deductible before the remaining eligible funds are reimbursed.
What You Should Know
- A maximum of only two paid claims are allowed within 12 months.
- Each claim has a maximum benefit limit of $600.
- Lost cell phones are not covered.
- Protection is only available when cell phone bills are paid with a Wells Fargo Reflect or other Wells Fargo consumer credit card.
- Coverage does not apply to cell phones under a prepaid plan or borrowed or rented phones.
Roadside Dispatch is a 24-hour, 7-days-a week, pay-per-use roadside assistance program provided by Visa. The program offers travel convenience and security services, such as:
- Tire changing
- Fuel delivery
- Jump starting
No pre-enrollment or membership is required. There are also no annual dues or usage limits.
With your Wells Fargo Reflect Card, the next time you lock yourself out of your car or get stranded on the road, you can simply call the Roadside Dispatch phone number for assistance. Here are some things to look out for when using the Roadside Dispatch service:
- Your Wells Fargo Reflect Card account will be charged a minimum of $69.95 per incident.
- You will be required to pay for service provided over five miles.
- Towing and other emergency roadside services may not be available in all areas.
My Wells Fargo Deals
You can access personalized shopping at a variety of merchants using the My Wells Fargo Deals program. You won’t earn traditional cash back, but you will receive a statement credit when you shop, dine or make other eligible purchases using your Wells Fargo Reflect Card.
Here’s some important information to know before using your new Reflect card toward any My Wells Fargo Deals purchase:
- To receive My Wells Fargo Deals, you must make at least one purchase using your Wells Fargo Reflect Card at a participating merchant in the last three months.
- To redeem the Deals, you first have to activate them and use your Wells Fargo Reflect card to receive the benefits.
- Deals cannot be combined with any other purchases made with a store credit, gift card or other types of payment.
Zero Liability Protection
The Wells Fargo Reflect Card provides built-in protection, so you’re not held responsible for any unauthorized transactions made on your account. You must report any suspicious activity promptly, though, per the credit card’s terms.
What Makes the Wells Fargo Reflect Card Stand Out?
Besides cell phone protection, Roadside Dispatch, My Wells Fargo Deals and zero liability protection, the Wells Fargo Reflect Card has one exceptional perk: the 21-month 0% APR from account opening
The card’s standard 21-month introductory 0% APR (then ) is the lowest in Wells Fargo’s history. Qualifying purchases and balance transfers are also eligible as soon as you open an account.
Good To Know
If you’re not a Wells Fargo customer and are thinking about getting a new credit card, you can fill out a form on the bank’s website to be pre-selected for a credit card offer. Existing customers can skip the form and sign in to see if they pre-qualify. It only takes about a minute to apply for a credit card that meets your needs, and applying won’t have any impact on your credit score.
If you receive a Wells Fargo credit card offer in the mail and choose to apply, simply enter the reservation number online at the website provided to open your new credit card account.
Reflect vs. Other Wells Fargo Card Options
While the Wells Fargo Reflect Card offers an outstanding introductory APR, the other two cards in the bank’s portfolio have good benefits, too. Here are some things to consider when trying to decide between them:
|Wells Fargo Credit Card||Best For|
|Wells Fargo Reflect Card||Extended introductory 0% APR|
|Wells Fargo Active Cash Card||Unlimited 2% cash rewards|
|Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card||Collect stamps for hotel stays|
The Wells Fargo Reflect Card’s extended 0% introductory APR makes it a good choice if you’re planning to make purchases or balance transfers. Most competing cards have a true cash back program, though, making the Wells Fargo Reflect Card an average option.
Wells Fargo Reflect Card FAQHere are the answers to some commonly asked questions about the Wells Fargo Reflect Card.
- Does the Wells Fargo Reflect Card have an annual fee?
- No. There is no annual fee, but other transaction and penalty fees apply.
- Does the Wells Fargo Reflect Card have a foreign transaction fee?
- Yes. The foreign currency conversion fee is 3% for each transaction amount converted to U.S. dollars.
- Is there a no-interest period with the Wells Fargo Reflect Card?
- Yes, but you must pay your entire outstanding balance on purchases, balance transfers, and balance transfer fees by the due date of your billing cycle to avoid paying interest on purchases -- unless your purchases are made within the promotional 0% APR period.
Rates, offers and requirements are subject to change.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Wells Fargo. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Wells Fargo.