Sept. 9 is National I Love Food Day, so put on a pair of pants with an elastic waistband and spend the day gorging on anything and everything you desire.
As a foodie, your September is packed with deals for unofficial holidays requiring you to indulge in everything from Eat a Hoagie Day to International Bacon Day. But limiting yourself to certain foods can feel a bit restrictive.
Fortunately, anything goes on I Love Food Day, so plan your menu and start eating. Whether you prefer to cook at home or hit up your favorite restaurants, here are 34 discounts and freebies to help you enjoy a budget-friendly feast.
Restaurants and Dining Out Deals
Use these coupons to visit your favorite restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner on National I Love Food Day without overspending.
- Bertucci’s: Take $5 off your purchase — excluding alcohol — with this printable coupon until Sept. 9.
- Black Angus Steakhouse: Enjoy a free appetizer — up to a menu price of $12.50 — with this coupon when you purchase a lunch or dinner entrée until Sept. 19.
- Bob Evans: Buy one dine-in breakfast entrée, get the second for 50 percent off with this coupon when you purchase two drinks until Sept. 10. Certain exclusions apply. Not valid on Sundays.
- Brio Tuscan Grille: Enjoy a free appetizer up to a $13.95 value — excluding the Bruschetta Sampler — when you purchase a dine-in or carry out entrée and present this coupon until Sept. 18.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grille: Save 15 percent on your dinner check at participating locations with this coupon until Oct. 23.
- Denny’s: Take 20 percent off your entire check with this coupon at participating locations until Sept. 12.
- Longhorn Steakhouse: Present this coupon to take $3 off two adult lunch entrees at participating locations until Sept. 12.
- Olive Garden: Take $5 off your takeout order of $30 or more with code 5OFF30 until Oct. 15.
- Outback Steakhouse: Take $5 off your check with this coupon when you purchase two adult dinner entrees or $2.50 off one dinner until Sept. 27.
- Village Inn: Save $5 on two entrees and two beverages or $2.50 off one entrée and one beverage when you present this coupon until Sept. 16.
Pizza Delivery and Fast Food Deals
Sometimes you just need to grab a quick bite. From pizza delivery to drive-thru deals, here are the best discounts.
- Boston Market: Save $3 off your order of $10 or more at participating Boston Market restaurants with this coupon until Sept. 12.
- Carl’s Jr.: Present this coupon to save $1 off a Steak, Egg and Cheese Burrito Combo until Oct. 5 at participating locations.
- Hardee’s: Save $1 off your Steak, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Combo at participating locations with this coupon until Oct. 5.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken: Use this coupon to get a 10-Piece Bucket for $13.99 at participating KFCs until Oct. 9.
- Long John Silver’s: Get any platter for $6.99 and other specials with these coupons until Sept. 25.
- Papa John’s: Enter code PRESEASON at checkout to get two large three-topping pizza for $9.99 until Sept. 14 — some exclusions apply.
- Pizza Hut: Get a large one-topping pizza for $5.99 at participating restaurants when you enter code 2222 at checkout until Sept. 30.
- Romeo’s Pizza: Enjoy a large specialty pizza for $15 with promo code SMA3 until Sept. 14.
- Smashburger: Buy one entree, get one free with this coupon at participating locations until Sept. 10.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Present this coupon to get a free regular soft drink with the purchase of any regular-priced Sandwich ‘n Fries at participating locations until Oct. 23.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels: Get free pizza sauce when you purchase the new Pizza Bitz with this coupon at participating locations until Oct. 17.
Grocery Store and Food Delivery Service Deals
If you prefer to dine at home on National Food Day, use these sales from grocery stores and food delivery services to stock your kitchen without paying full price.
- Food Lion: Save 50 cents on one box of Original Cheerios cereal until Oct. 14 when you load this electronic offer to your Food Lion MVP Card.
- Giant Eagle: Save $1 on two Stouffer’s French Bread Pizzas until Sept. 23 by adding the eOffer to your Giant Eagle card.
- Hello Fresh: Use code SEP50HF to get $50 off your first two boxes until Sept. 30.
- Kroger: Get a free goodnessknows snack square until Sept. 25 when you add the digital coupon to your Kroger card.
- Publix: Get a free cup of Liberte Organic yogurt until Oct. 14 when you load the digital coupon to your Publix card.
- Ralphs: Buy one HemisFares Extra Virgin Olive Oil D.O.P. Val di Mazara, get one HemisFares Pasta Sauce free until Sept. 24 when you load the digital coupon to your Ralphs card.
- Schwan’s: Take 50 percent off your first order — maximum savings of $50 — and enjoy free delivery with code FIFTYOFF until Oct.31.
- SendaMeal.com: Take 5 percent off your order until Sept. 30 with code EASY5.
- Sprouts: Buy one bottle of Victoria’s Garden Grown Organic Dressing, get the second free until Sept. 30 when you load this online coupon to your Sprouts card.
Online Retailers and Gifts
After you’ve had your fill of eating out — and eating in — here are some extras to buy for yourself or someone else you love who loves food.
- Cheryl’s: Take 15 percent off any order with code TAKE15 until Sept. 30.
- Harry & David: Save 15 percent off your order of $75 or more with code FALL75 until Sept. 30.
- The Popcorn Factory: Save 15 percent off NFL tins with code LS15 until Sept. 30.
Going out to eat and buying groceries can get expensive; be sure to use these promo codes and coupons to help fill your wallet as you fill your stomach this September.
Keep Reading: How to Eat for Less Than $99 This Month