Dinner is in the oven, the family is on their way and you forgot the eggnog — variations on that classic scenario is why many grocery stores decided to keep their doors open for Christmas Eve.
If you’re trying to complete some last-minute shopping this Dec. 24, check out this list to see what grocery stores are open on Christmas.
Grocery Stores Open on Christmas Eve 2017
There are plenty of grocery stores open on Christmas Eve, though some locations might have limited hours. Call your local store before you head out the door to confirm. Here’s a list of the groceries stores open on Christmas Eve 2017:
- 7-Eleven: Open 24/7
- Albertsons: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- ACME Market: Open until 6 p.m.
- Big Saver Foods: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bristol Farms: Some locations close at 9 p.m., others open until 11 p.m.
- Costco: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CVS: 24-hour locations remain open
- Edwards Food Giant: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Fairway Market: Varies by store; some might have limited hours
- Family Dollar: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Food 4 Less: Closes at 10 p.m.
- FoodLand: Open until 11 p.m.
- Food Lion: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fred Meyer: Open regular hours; varies by location
- Great Value: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Harp’s Market: Open until 7 p.m.
- Hy-Vee: Open until 6 p.m.
- Hannaford: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Kmart: Many stores have extended hours, open until 10 p.m.
- Kroger: Varies by store, but might feature limited hours
- Meijer: Closes at 7 p.m.
- Publix: Closes at 7 p.m.
- Ralphs: Closes at 8 p.m.
- Red Apple: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Rite Aid: 24-hour locations remain open
- Rouses Supermarket: Open until 8 p.m.
- Schnucks: All locations close at 5:30 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Markets: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Super King Markets: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Target: Most locations close at 10 p.m.
- The Fresh Market: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Trader Joe’s: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Vons: Varies by store, but might feature limited hours
- Walgreens: 24-hour locations remain open
- Walmart: Open regular hours, which vary by location
- Wegmans: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Whole Foods: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Winn-Dixie: Open until 9 p.m.
- Woodman’s: Closes at 5:45 p.m.
Grocery Stores Closed on Christmas Eve 2017
If you’re a last-minute shopper, consider it a Christmas miracle — all grocery stores contacted by GOBankingRates had some form of Christmas Eve hours. But time is of the essence — nearly every store also had limited hours. Be sure to call ahead before you leave the house.