Getting healthy and organized were 2017’s most popular New Year’s resolutions, according to Google data collected by iQuanti. Whether you’re heading to the grocery store for a bunch of kale for your new diet or grabbing some extra items for a New Year’s feast, plenty of supermarkets are starting 2018 with their doors wide open. Read on to find out which places are open on New Year’s Day.
Grocery Stores Open on New Year’s Day
- 7-Eleven: Open 24/7
- Acme Markets: Reduced hours, varies by store
- Albertsons: 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Big Saver Foods: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Member Care open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Bristol Farms: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m, varies by store
- CVS: 24-hour locations remain open all day
- Dollar General: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Edwards Food Giant: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fairway Market: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., varies by store
- Family Dollar: Regular hours, varies by store
- Food 4 Less: Reduced hours, closing between 10 p.m. or 11 p.m.
- Food Lion: Regular hours, varies by store
- Fred Meyer: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Giant Eagle: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Great Valu: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., varies by store
- Hannaford: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Harps Food Stores: Regular hours, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hy-Vee: 24/7 locations remain open.
- Kroger: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Meijer: Most stores open for 24 hours, call your local store to verify
- Morton Williams: Varies by store, 24-hour locations open all day
- Pavilions: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Publix: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Ralphs: 24-hour markets remain open 24 hours, other locations vary by store
- Red Apple: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Rite Aid: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., 24-hour stores are open
- Save Mart: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- ShopRite: 6 a.m to 11 p.m., varies by store
- Super King Market: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Superior Grocers: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Target: 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Vons: Regular hours, which varies by store
- Walgreens: 24-hour locations remain open
- Walmart: Varies by store, check your local store for details
- Wegmans: Reduced hours, varies by store
- Whole Foods: Regular hours, varies by store
- Winn-Dixie: Regular hours, varies by store
- Woodman’s Markets: Opens at 9 a.m.
Closed on New Year’s Day
The following grocery stores are closed on New Year’s Day 2018:
- Aldi: Closes at 7 p.m.
- Costco: Closes at 6 p.m. on New Year’s Eve
- Trader Joe’s: Closes at 6 p.m. on New Year’s Eve
Disclaimer: Business hours provided by local grocers nationwide via phone interviews conducted by GOBankingRates from Dec. 12 to Dec. 20, 2017. Store hours might vary per franchise location; call your local grocer ahead of time before heading out to the store to confirm they’re open.