Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day — so why should yours be blah? Breakfast blues strike most hardworking people, with many opting for a boring lone banana or a trusty cup of coffee. But what if there was a way to make an easy, delicious and cheap breakfast every day? Well, there is.
Read on to discover a delicious budget-friendly recipe for your next morning pick-me-up.
What You’ll Need
1 cup cubed ham
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can crescent dough
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Split each sheet of dough down the middle so that you have a total of four large squares. Pinch perforations together in each square to seal dough seams.
3. Fold the edges of the dough about 1/2 inch up around each square.
4. Add a layer of cheese, cubed ham and then crack one egg in each square.
5. Season with salt and pepper, topping with additional cheese as you see fit.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and top with chopped chives.
Bite Out of the Bottom Line
Ultimately this recipe is friendly to both your energy level as well as your budget — for a serving size of four (or less, if you’re not in a sharing mood) you’re only paying $1.53 for a serving. If you’re looking to customize your crescents, this recipe leaves the door open for endless options.
For the spicy food lovers looking to turn up the heat, chop up some jalapenos and serve with salsa to give your morning meal a nice kick.
Click here for more tasty budget-friendly recipes.