- National Cookie Day is Dec. 4, 2018.
- A number of franchises are offering the treat for free.
- Check in with your local restaurants for more food deals and promotions.
Cookies rank up there along with electricity and the printing press as mankind’s greatest invention. Dec. 4 is National Cookie Day, which means it’s time to celebrate the confection.
On this should-be-federally-recognized holiday, here’s a look at the cookies you can score for free.
National Cookie Day Deals
Most of the National Cookie Day freebies you’ll find are — you guessed it — cookies:
- Great American Cookies: Receive a free original chocolate chip cookie at participating locations.
- Insomnia Cookies: You can get a free cookie from any Insomnia Cookies location on Dec. 4, and from Dec. 5-6 guests will receive one free traditional cookie with the purchase of any delivery order.
- Mrs. Fields: Mrs. Fields is slated to give away one free cookie with every purchase, according to its Facebook page, and you can also expect up to 40 percent in markdowns off of cookie products on its website.
- DoubleTree by Hilton: The hotel chain is offering guests a free signature cookie on Dec. 4 at all of its more than 300 locations.
- Schlotzsky’s: The sandwich chain is offering patrons a free cookie with a purchase of any entree.
- 1-800-Flowers.com: In-store visitors who love cookies can take advantage of 50 percent off savings on a holiday box filled with 48 assorted cookies purchased in-store through Friday, Dec. 7.
Although this isn’t an exhaustive list, it’s always recommended that you call your local food chains to see if there are any promotions you can take advantage of. After all, not doing so is like leaving free cookies on the table.
National Cookie Day isn’t the only holiday for sweet treats. Mark your calendar to plan for great deals on desserts happening throughout the year:
- National Brownie Day: Dec. 8
- National Cupcake Day: Dec. 15
- National Pie Day: Jan. 23
- National Frozen Yogurt Day: Feb. 6
- National Ice Cream Day: July 15
- National Cheesecake Day: July 30
- National Dessert Day: Oct. 14
Click through to see how you can eat out and still save money.
More on Saving Money
- 30 Supermarket Buys That Are a Waste of Money
- 35 Ways to Save Hundreds on Groceries
- Comparing Grocery Buys at Target and Walmart, Section by Section
- Watch: Treating Finances Like a Game Will Help Get You Rich
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.