Feb. 22 honors and celebrates the iconic summertime drink that legendary musical beach bum Jimmy Buffett immortalized as “that frozen concoction that helps me hang on.” That’s right, it’s National Margarita Day, and you can enjoy the slushy tequila drink for less. Here’s where to belly up.
Pay Less for Drinks on National Margarita Day
These stores, restaurants, bars and resorts are offering special deals and discounts on margaritas, and even things like margarita mix and blenders, on National Margarita Day 2017.
- Bahama Breeze Island Grill: Bahama Breeze is counting down the days until their Viva la ‘Rita festival, which runs from Feb. 22 through April 9. Their slogan is “Tequila. Limes. Good times.” — and they live up to their promise by offering $2.22 classic margaritas for more than a month.
- Baja Bob’s: No coupon code needed to take $3 off a Sampler 6-Pack. You can also score a free, 10-serving box of original margarita or mudslide singles.
- Black Angus: Sip on a $5 Gold Strike Margarita at participating locations.
- Blockheads: Enjoy $5 Mexican Bull Dogs all day.
- Blue Goose Cantina: Knock back $2 Blue Goose frozen margs.
- Bubba Gump: Not only do you get a margarita for just $3.99, but you can take the shaker home with you.
- Cantina Laredo: Celebrate with a Perfect Patrón Rita for only $8.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise: Named after another classic Jimmy Buffett song dedicated to boozing and relaxing, the king Parrothead’s Cheeseburger in Paradise chain offers 89-cent jumbo wings all day long on National Margarita Day — and every Wednesday throughout the year.
- Chevy’s: Although the chain hasn’t yet announced specific deals, they are promising “a new margarita experience” on Feb. 22.
- El Cholo: Cheers to seven different margaritas from coconut flavored to the L.A. Lemonade.
- Islands: Toast with seven different margarita choices during happy hour from 4-7 p.m.
- Jelly Belly: No coupon code needed to take 15 percent off margarita jelly beans. Don’t get too excited, they’re non-alcoholic. The offer is good through Feb. 23.
- Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant: Anyone that visits Margaritas on Feb. 22 with “Marg” or “Rita” in their name (like Margaret or Dorita) will receive a complimentary Margaritas Famous Taster (a chicken burrito, cheese enchilada and ground beef taco, served with Mexican rice and beans). The chain’s still serving their Tropical Margaritas, so be sure to try one while they’re still here!
- Margaritaville: It’s impossible, or at least unethical, to craft a list about margaritas without mentioning Jimmy Buffett and his Margaritaville restaurant/resort chain. Enjoy $3.50 margaritas all day long, plus get 22 percent off merchandise.
- On the Border: You can enjoy $3 regular margaritas all day through Feb. 26 at most locations.
- Ruby Tequila’s: The Texas-based chain is serving up both draft beers and house swirl margaritas on Margarita Day. Pay just $1.50 for regular or $3.50 for grande.
- Sylvan Street Grille: With multiple outlets in Massachusetts, their margaritas will be upgraded from Triple Sec to Chambord pours on Feb. 22.
- Taco Joint: Celebrate with $5 margs all day.
- Tony Roma’s: Forget margaritas, celebrate the holiday with $5 Romaritas through Feb. 22. Devilishly good cucumber chili Romaritas are $6.66. On National Margarita Day itself, classic margaritas are just $2.22. See what they did with the pricing? Offers are good at all U.S. locations.
Want to pretend it’s summer on the islands without paying to go there? You can dive into cheap margaritas for a day or weekend, or even a full week with parties, happy hours and other festivities dedicated to the country’s favorite frozen concoction on National Margarita Day 2017.