You might love celebrating Christmas just as much as you dread hosting people at your home for a meal. The good news is that many places to eat are open for business on Christmas Day so you can still spend time with friends and family without having to host. In fact, for many families, dining out on Dec. 25 is becoming a tradition of its own. Here’s what’s open on Christmas Day this year.
Restaurants Open on Christmas Day Near Me: Yardhouse, Denny’s and More
Whether you’re traveling and need to stop for a bite or want to take the family out for dinner, plenty of restaurants are serving holiday feasts on Dec. 25. Restaurants open on Christmas include:
- Boston Market: Most locations open; call for details.
- Buca di Beppo: Doors open at 11 a.m.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Most locations open; call for details.
- Chart House: Reservations strongly recommended and hours vary by location, but many will be open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Claim Jumper: Varies by location; takeout available.
- Denny’s: Open 24/7
- Fogo de Chao: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Humperdinks Brewpub: Doors open at 10 a.m.
- IHOP: Varies by location
- Legal Sea Foods: Varies by location; most open 11 a.m. or noon.
- McCormick and Schmick’s: Varies. Reservations suggested; private rooms available.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: Varies by location; reservations suggested.
- Old Country Buffet: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Papa John’s: Varies by location
- Patina Restaurant Group: Varies by location
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Varies by location
- Shakey’s Pizza: Varies by location
- Smith & Wollensky: Hours vary by location. Private space available; reservations recommended.
- Starbucks: Reduced hours at some locations on Christmas Day
- Village Inn: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Waffle House: Open 24/7
- Yard House: Varies by location
Always check in with the local branch of the restaurants, as well; many times, hours around the holidays are at the discretion of the staff. Regardless of whether you decide to host a full feast or indulge at a restaurant, you’re covered for a very merry Christmas.