Restaurants of all types are catering to people’s desires for big dinners with family and friends as well as providing low-key options for people who don’t want to join the chaos of New Year’s Eve celebrations. Here’s where you can go for a scrumptious meal and fun at places that are open on New Year’s this year.
Restaurants Open on New Year’s Eve
Open Table lists New Year’s Eve as the biggest dining day of the year, so be sure to call the restaurant of your choice ahead of time to make a reservation. All of the restaurants on this list will be open on New Year’s Eve 2017:
- 54th Street Grill and Bar: Before attending a party with your friends, you can swing by 54th Street Grill between 11 a.m. and midnight for a fire-grilled burger and a margarita. There’s also a happy hour from 9 p.m. to closing.
- Applebee’s: This popular restaurant chain only closes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Guests can dine here between the hours of 11 a.m. and midnight on New Year’s.
- Au Bon Pain: Close out your year with a freshly baked muffin and a latte at Au Bon Pain. Because hours vary by location, it’s best to call ahead before going.
- Benihana: If your New Year’s Eve dinner ideas include sushi, stop by Benihana between 11 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. The restaurant even has a happy hour for discounted drinks beginning at 4 p.m. and ending at 7 p.m.
- Bob Evans: Head to Bob Evans for everything from turkey to freshly baked pumpkin pies. The venue opens at 6 a.m. and closes at 8 p.m.
- Bonefish Grill: Get ready to feast on king crab legs and fresh Norwegian salmon when you make reservations at the Bonefish Grill. The restaurant is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., even on New Year’s Eve.
- Boston Market: Specializing in homestyle meals, Boston Market is ready to serve you from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Open from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., Buffalo Wild Wings offers food, drinks and sports bar atmosphere.
- Burger King: Burger King sticks to the normal Sunday business hours of 7 a.m. to midnight on New Year’s Eve.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: Stop by between 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to join happy hour, or simply dine with friends anytime between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Chili’s: Known for its sizzling fajitas and big appetizers, Chili’s is open between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Cold Stone Creamery: From 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. you can design your own ice cream creation and watch as it is hand-mixed on a granite slab.
- Cracker Barrel: Do a little shopping in the on-site store before or after you dine when you visit Cracker Barrel on New Year’s Eve. Some locations close early, but typical hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Denny’s: Known for being open 24 hours a day, Denny’s also stays open on New Year’s Eve.
- El Torito: Finish the year with a Mexican dish from El Torito. The establishment is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. with happy hour from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Five Guys: You could either dine in or skip the line and place an order for pick-up between the hours of 11 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Friendly’s: Treat yourself to an ice cream sundae after your New Year’s Eve meal from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Golden Corral: Stop by Golden Corral and you’ll have access to an all-you-can-eat buffet from 7:30 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Houlihan’s: Dine in the restaurant between 11 a.m. and midnight and then move the party over to the bar and lounge until 1 a.m. Happy hour starts at 10 p.m.
- Humperdinks Brewpub: 11 a.m. to midnight is when you’ll have the opportunity to dine at Humperdinks, which serves everything from chicken to pizza to beef dinners.
- IHOP: Enjoy breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner when you choose IHOP. The restaurant welcomes guests at 7 a.m. with the last seating taking place at 10 p.m.
- KFC: Stop by inside or go to the drive-thru for fried chicken with a side of mashed potatoes between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Krystal: Krystal is always open 24 hours with the exception of Christmas Day, so no matter what time of day your hunger strikes, you’ll be able to snatch a burger and fries.
- Long John Silver’s: Known for its seafood dishes, Long John Silver’s hours are not listed online and vary by location, so you’ll need to give your local store a call to see when it’s open.
- Marie Callender’s: Open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on this holiday, Marie Callender’s has party platters you can order and pick up in addition to sitting down for a meal in the restaurant.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: Combine your love of seafood and steaks when you dine at McCormick & Schmick’s. Hours of operation are 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- McDonald’s: If you’re in the mood for a quick bite, head to McDonald’s between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Noodles & Company: Pasta lovers will appreciate that Noodles & Company is open on New Year’s Eve from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Old Country Buffet: Another all-you-can-eat option, Old Country Buffet allows you to dine on multiple types of cuisine, so you can find something for everyone. The restaurant is open from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Olive Garden: This popular Italian restaurant only closes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It keeps normal business hours on New Year’s Eve. Stop by anytime between 11 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Outback Steakhouse: If it’s a big juicy steak you want with a seasonal drink menu, Outback Steakhouse has you covered. Operating hours vary by location, so call before visiting.
- Panera Bread: Open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Panera Bread is the place to go for freshly baked bread and homemade soups.
- Papa John’s: Considering take-out for dinner? Papa John’s is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. this New Year’s Eve.
- P.F. Chang’s: This family-friendly Chinese restaurant is open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pizza Hut: Pizza Hut maintains its normal business hours of 10 a.m. to midnight on New Year’s Eve, so get ready for a meat lover’s deep dish and garlic bread.
- Rainforest Cafe: Opening at 11 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m., Rainforest Cafe serves chicken, beef, pork and seafood with a family-friendly atmostphere.
- Red Lobster: Serving your favorite seafood dishes, Red Lobster is open between the hours of 11 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Romano’s Macaroni Grill is proud to offer everything from calamari fritti to fig marsala pork chops.
- Ruby Tuesday: Stop by Ruby Tuesday for a New Year’s Eve dinner before heading out to your friend’s party. The restaurant is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Holiday fare awaits you when you make a reservation at Ruth’s Chris Steak House on New Year’s Eve. The restaurant is open from 4 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Shoney’s: Shoney’s has you covered for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. This chain is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Starbucks: Anyone looking for a light breakfast, snack or a hot cup of coffee can visit Starbucks between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Ted’s Montana Grill: Start your New Year’s Eve off with bison nachos and finish with a crab cake when you visit Ted’s Montana Grill between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- TGI Fridays: If you’re searching for a New Year’s Eve dinner menu that also includes cold beers and sparkling cocktails, then head to TGI Fridays. This restaurant will be open from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- The Melting Pot: Open from noon to 10 p.m., The Melting Pot offers a fondue experience that can be fun for the entire family.
- Village Inn: The Village Inn is a place to grab a home-cooked meal without having to do the cooking yourself. Stop by as early as 5:30 a.m. The restaurant is open til midnight.
- Waffle House: Although most Waffle House locations are open 24 hours a day on New Year’s Eve, you’ll want to check with your specific store to see if the hours have been reduced before going
- Wawa: Wawa provides convenience and the opportunity to grab a quick meal on the go. The store is open 24 hours every day, even on New Year’s Eve.
- White Castle: Whether you get hungry at 6 p.m. or 3 a.m., White Castle has you covered. The hamburger chain is open 24 hours a day.
- Zaxby’s: This popular fast food chain that also has a drive-thru that maintains its normal business hours on New Year’s Eve. Stop by between 10:30 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Keep in mind that delivery times might be longer on holidays than they usually are, so picking up your order could save you some time. If you really don’t want to leave the house, try calling in your delivery order further ahead of time than you normally would.
Plan Ahead: Restaurants Open on New Year’s Day 2018
Restaurants Closed on New Year’s Eve 2017
Quite a few restaurants stay open to help guests and patrons ring in the new year, but some decide to close up shop early or open later. Although none of the restaurants GOBankingRates surveyed are closed for the full day, many are opting to feature limited hours on New Year’s Eve 2017. Be sure to call ahead to your local restaurant to make sure they didn’t close the door on 2017 a little earlier than usual.
Disclaimer: National chain hours based on Los Angeles and New York times; the hours of franchised stores might vary, and mall or outlet stores might be affected by mall or outlet hours — call ahead to confirm the hours of your specific location.