Turkey Day is all about home cooking, so why would there possibly be restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner? The answer is because holiday dinner — and even brunch — is big business in America. According to the National Restaurant Association, 9 percent of Americans eat out on the holiday associated with gratitude. The many restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving are very thankful for your business. They make good money, too — you’d be surprised at the cost to dine out on Thanksgiving.
Spending Thanksgiving at a restaurant can be a great solution for families who do not have a house big enough to host a group, or for people who are simply tired of the rigmarole of cooking. Are you ready to sit back and have someone else do the cooking for once? Check out the restaurants open on Thanksgiving and skip out on the stress of hosting a holiday feast.
Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving 2018
- Applebee’s: Check with your local restaurant for Thanksgiving hours and availability.
- Bahama Breeze: Serving Thanksgiving specials at participating locations, Bahama Breeze is serving up turkey, jerk pork, callaloo, green beans, cornbread stuffing, cranberry-pineapple chutney and choice of mashed potatoes or cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes.
- Ben’s Kosher Deli: Locations are open on Thanksgiving and will be seating at 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Specials include the Roast Turkey Dinner for $26.99, Kid’s Feast for $9.99, and if you’re really ambitious, the Thanksgiving Catered Feast for 10 for $249.90.
- Black Angus Steakhouse: Make a reservation to take part in the Black Angus Steakhouse Thanksgiving dinner, which costs $19.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids.
- Bob Evans: This family favorite eatery is offering up its signature dinner-for-four family meals, offering up a Turkey Day classic without the cleanup at local locations.
- Boston Market: Nationwide, this homestyle eatery chain will be serving up a number of ways to celebrate the holiday. Stores will be open coast to coast, offering Turkey Day favorites like traditional sliced turkey breast, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie. The restaurant also delivers Thanksgiving dinner right to your door, with its home-delivery program. Complete meals for 12 ballpark around the $99 price point — all you have to do is heat and enjoy. Information on the home delivery program is available at Boston Market’s website.
- Buca di Beppo: One of best Thanksgiving dinner restaurants to choose from, Buca di Beppo offers a catered Thanksgiving meal or takeout. Catering costs $199.99 to serve 10 or $379.99 to serve 20. And for takeout orders, you must place your order by 4 p.m. Nov. 21.
- Capital Grille: Make a reservation online to take part in the Capital Grille Thanksgiving feast, which includes a turkey entrée and a side. The meals cost $42 for adults and $15 for children. Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and the restaurant is offering a full a la carte dinner menu, as well.
- Charlie Brown’s Fresh Grill: This New Jersey-based steakhouse is serving Thanksgiving buffet-style, offering an all-you-can-eat turkey dinner for $21.99. The meal comes with plenty of staple side dishes like garlic mashed potatoes and apple cornbread stuffing, as well as your choice of dessert. Alternatively, order a Thanksgiving dinner to go. At $199.99, it will serve 8-10 people.
- Chart House: Hours vary depending on location, but many Chart House locations will be open on Thanksgiving Day.
- Chompie’s: This Arizona-based deli staple is offering from-scratch Thanksgiving favorites ready for pick up, and its locations are open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. The Thanksgiving meal comes with a whole oven turkey, several side dishes and two 9-inch pies, all for the price of $249.99.
- Claim Jumper: Most locations of the nationwide restaurant chain are serving a Thanksgiving menu from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can select from a list of hearty entrées that include turkey, ham and several sides.
- Country Cookin: The Virginia-based chain is offering two Thanksgiving entrées that include turkey or ham, and all-you-can-eat holiday salads and sides. Or, you can grab its Premium Thanksgiving breakfast at one of its participating locations. Adult portions are $11.99 and kids ages 10 and under can chow down for $5.99.
- Cracker Barrel: Enjoy a full Thanksgiving feast when you order Cracker Barrel’s Heat N’Serve Holiday Family Meal to go for $109.99. The holiday meal includes: two oven-roasted turkey breasts, cornbread dressing, turkey gravy, cranberry relish, your choice of three country-sides, sweet yeast rolls, pumpkin and pecan pies.
- Del Frisco: This steak and seafood chain is open on Thanksgiving and offering entrée favorites such as Herb & citrus Butter Roasted Turkey or Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Prices vary by location, so call ahead. Del Frisco will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- Denny’s: Denny’s, which stays open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, will follow its regular schedule and stay open on Thanksgiving 2018.
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood: The seafood staple is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., offering up traditional Thanksgiving fare. Adults eat for $42 and children eat for $15 for children.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar: Take part in a three-course menu starting at 11 a.m. on Thanksgiving. Adult prices vary, but there’s a $19 option for children.
- Fogo de Chão: This Brazilian steakhouse offers its traditional menu and dinner prices on Thanksgiving; open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Hooters: According to the restaurant’s official Facebook page, most locations will be open on Thanksgiving. Be sure to call your nearby location for confirmation of hours.
- IHOP: Are you thankful for some pancakes? This breakfast-focused restaurant offers Thanksgiving hours, but check with your local location before you pre-game your turkey with a full stack.
- Luby’s: Luby’s is offering four Thanksgiving meal packages that you can enjoy at a nearby location or have delivered to your home. For instance, its Select option serves four to six people for $69.99 and it’s Premium option serves six to eight people for $159.99.
- Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ: Promising patrons a “hassle-free holiday,” Lucille’s is offering three-course meals and individual entrées on Thanksgiving Day. The three-course meals range in price, with the sliced turkey and ham option meal priced at $189.99. Lucille’s is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Marie Callender’s Restaurant and Bakery: The chain is offering not just an a la carte Thanksgiving menu, but several full dinner menus ranging between $109.99 and $159.99.
- McCormick and Schmick’s: The restaurant is offering a full roasted turkey dinner all Thanksgiving Day, complete with butternut squash bisque, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread stuffing, apple squash casserole, cranberry sauce, plus vegetables and mixed greens.
- McDonald’s: If you’re seeking some classic comfort fare, head to your nearest Golden Arches — many decided to stay open for the holiday, but be sure to check your local location.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: This upscale restaurant chain is open 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. (although hours are subject to change) and is serving its regular full menu.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: For $24.99, head to your local Macaroni Grill to get a traditional three-course meal complete with turkey, stuffing and pumpkin cheesecake.
- Seasons 52: Known for its large list of wine selections, Seasons 52 serves up a traditional Thanksgiving dinner that includes a roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, herb stuffing, vegetables, cranberry relish and pumpkin pie.
- Smith and Wollensky: If you’re looking for steak instead of turkey, Smith and Wollensky locations are open. Enjoy a prix fixe Thanksgiving menu that includes: soup, salad, one entrée and your choice of dessert. Adults eat for $55 and children eat for $25.
- Ruby Tuesday: Feeling like forgoing the turkey for some salad bar goodness? Ruby Tuesday has you covered. Certain participating locations nationwide will be serving up their standard menu on the holiday. It’s best to call ahead for availability.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Ruth’s Chris is open and serving a three-course Thanksgiving dinner for $39.95 but prices might vary based on location. Call your neighborhood location to double-check pricing and to make sure they’re participating.
- Sizzler: Select Sizzler locations are open for the holiday, serving up a full, traditional feast complete with accompanying wines. Check to see if your local Sizzler is participating.
- Ted’s Montana Grill: The restaurant is offering a full Thanksgiving dinner menu as well as a specialty Thanksgiving roast turkey feast for $29. Check your neighborhood location to confirm times and prices.
- TGI Fridays: Most locations are open Thanksgiving Day but be sure to call your local restaurant to confirm hours and availability.
- Waffle House: All Waffle House locations are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year — that includes Thanksgiving.
- Weber Grill: Weber Grill offers its multi-course Thanksgiving Feast at a price of $29.95 for adults and $10.95 for children ages 10 and under.
Want to shop after you dine out? Click through to discover stores open on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.
More on Holidays
- 10 Travel Deals to Save Money on Your Holiday Vacations Now
- 10 Fall Amazon Deals You Don’t Want to Miss
- Costco’s Black Friday Deals Have Leaked — Plan Your Shopping Now
- Watch: Best Apps for Deals on Retail
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.