If you want to upgrade your snack game this year, few options are easier to customize than popcorn. From cinnamon sugar to truffle oil, there are a number of ways to prepare this mouthwatering snack.
It’s always a good time to break out your popcorn popper and create your own tasty take on the movie theater classic.
Keep reading to learn how to make this delicious snack that won’t break your budget.
What You’ll Need
1 package of plain microwave popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Sea salt (to taste)
If you’re still rocking a sugar craving, whip up these sweet and simple candy croissants.
How to Make
1. Pop popcorn as directed on package, then set aside.
2. Put brown sugar and butter in a large bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to ensure the ingredients are mixed evenly.
3. Put the mix back in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove and stir.
4. Microwave one more time for 1 minute and 30 seconds and stir when done.
5. Add baking soda and stir until it stops fizzing and bubbling.
6. Pour mixture over popcorn.
7. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Make It Your Own
The simplicity of the caramel recipe allows for your creative culinary prowess to shine. If you’re the type who enjoys turning up the heat with their cuisine, punch up your corn with some hot sauce and pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Click through to read about healthy snack options that cost less than $1.