The 2015 vernal equinox is on Friday, March 20. This day will mark the official start of spring, when daylight will start sticking around for a bit longer, snow will melt away and warmer weather will invite all to spend a little more time enjoying the outdoors.
As spring begins, many shoppers will be needing to stock up on clothing, gear and other important items to get ready for outside activities and the warmer weather that’s to come. And with the many awesome sales in March, shoppers will find big discounts on a number of items, from spring fashion to sportswear or home goods, to get themselves and their spaces ready for spring.
36 Spring Deals to Get You Ready for Warm Weather
GOBankingRates, with the help of our friends at CouponSherpa and RetailMeNot, rounded up the best spring sales and deals to help you save money this season. We found the most deals on apparel, including kids’ and babies’ clothing which is no surprise as the transition between seasons always means retailers are looking to clear out the previous season’s styles. Winter styles will have rock-bottom prices, perfect for those residing in still-cold locals.
Deals were also aplenty on outdoor equipment, sportswear and fitness gear, as well as home goods and food items. Read on to see all 36 sales, deals and freebies you can take advantage of as spring begins.
15 Spring Sales on Apparel, Shoes and Beauty
- Aéropostale: Get $10 off when you spend $50 with this coupon offer.
- Asos: Get 10 percent off full-price items when you make a purchase of $125 and use code RMNMAR15, a RetailMeNot exclusive deal.
- Ashley Stewart: Take 35 percent off your order through April 7 with code 35SPRING.
- Bath & Body Works: Enjoy 20 percent off your purchase and get a free gift as well with coupon code S155151, valid through May 10.
- DSW: Women’s sandals are 60 percent off for a limited time, just in time to show your toes for spring.
- Express: Get 15 percent off online purchases with code 9065 or in-stores with this coupon through RetailMeNot. Offer valid through March 31.
- JCPenney: Get 15 percent off sitewide by using RetailMeNot-exclusive code RMN15 when shopping online at JCPenney.com, valid through April 2. Code TEXT2SAV will also get you $10 off $30 or more for select accessories, fashion jewelry, shoes and more.
- Lands’ End: Take 40 percent off fall and winter styles, plus get $10 off $50 by showing this coupon (printed or on your mobile phone) in store through March 20.
- Lane Bryant: Save $25 off your purchase of $75 or more, $50 on $150 or more, or get $75 off purchases totaling $225 or more when you use the code MARCHGCLB, valid through March 22.
- LOFT: Regular-price items are 40 percent off for a limited time, plus you can get $25 off when spending $50 or more on regular-price items through March 22 with code LOVESPRING1.
- Lord & Taylor: Take 20 percent off regular- or sale-price items through March 24 with promo code DESIGNER.
- Old Navy: The store’s spring sale has thousands of styles are marked down up to 50 percent through March 22.
- Steve Madden: Save 15 percent when spending $75 or over, or 20 percent on orders of $125 and up through March 31 with coupon code SMMAR15. Shoppers can also get an additional 50 percent off clearance prices through with code SAVE, valid through April 11.
- Toms Shoes:Take $5 off $25 or more with code SPRING15, or $10 off orders of $100 and up with code FLOWERS, both valid through Mar. 31.
- Victoria’s Secret: Code SPRING15, valid through March 19, will get shoppers up to $55 off depending on the purchase amount before tax: $15 off $100, $25 off $150, or $55 off $250.
6 Children’s Deals for Spring
- Babies”R”Us: Take 20 percent off diaper bags through March 31 with code 971559.
- Carter’s: Take 15 percent off any order through March 31 with promo code MARSAV. Spend $40 or more and get an even bigger discount, 20 percent, with code CFDM2421, valid through June 2.
- The Children’s Place: A spring sale has many styles marked down up to 60 percent, and coupon code 5PB001FAF can be used to get an extra 30 percent off through April 15.
- Kohl’s: Take $10 off orders of $30 or more for children’s apparel and shoes through March 24 with promo code KIDSPRING10.
- OshKosh B’gosh: Get 20 percent off purchases of $40 or more, excluding doorbuster deals, when using this coupon, valid through March 21.
- Stride Rite: Buy one pair of shoes, get one 40 percent off through April 5 with promo code BOGO15.
5 Spring Discounts for Home and Patio
- Ace Hardware: Take $10 off $75 or $20 off $150 orders on select items through March 31 with coupon code SAVE2015.
- Best Buy: Get 20 percent off one regular-price small appliance through March 22 with code MARCHSAVE20.
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores: Get 40 percent off one regular-price item with this coupon, valid through March 31 and usable in stores only.
- Kmart: All patio furniture and grills are on sale for a limited time, and take an extra $10 off lawn and garden orders of $50 or more through March 31 with code KLAWN10.
- Pottery Barn: Bedding is on sale up to 40 percent off, and select furniture is marked down up to 60 percent.
6 Spring Sales on Outdoor Gear and Sportswear
- Cabela’s: The sporting goods store’s Spring Great Outdoors Days Sale has a selection of fishing, camping and boating gear marked down by up to 60 percent.
- Columbia: Its Winter Sale has discounts of up to 70 percent on winter apparel.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Select clearance items are an extra 25 percent off.
- Finish Line: Get $10 off purchases of $100 or more with code 10MARCH100.
- Foot Locker: Get $10 off orders of $80 and up with code LKS15338, or $20 off $180 ore more with code LKS1533R.
- REI: Select bikes are marked down up to 40 percent.
4 Spring Freebies and Deals on Food
- Cheryl’s: Get free shipping on select spring items through May 11 with code FLWRSHIP.
- Harry & David: Get 15 percent off your order of $75 or more through April 5 with coupon code SUNSHINE.
- Olive Garden: Take $4 off a purchase of two entrées when you order online with code 4OFF2D. The restaurant also has a “buy one, take one” deal to buy a dine-in entrée and get a second to take home starting at $12.99.
- Rita’s: Visit a Rita’s anytime on Friday, March 20 to get a free Italian ice.
Photo credit: martinak15