- Best Buy will be open on Christmas Eve.
- However, like most stores, it’s closed Christmas Day.
- Best Buy has adjusted its hours for a holiday period of Dec. 17 through Dec. 29.
Best Buy is a great destination if you’re buying electronics, appliances and technology in general. Sometimes, though, you need to dash off last minute to either buy a gift or return one. Holiday hours could make this tricky. When is Best Buy open during the holidays? Keep reading to find out the store’s holiday hours.
Best Buy Christmas Hours
According to Best Buy’s website, store hours will be expanded to accommodate shoppers’ needs, including a run-up to Christmas.
- Dec. 10-13: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 17-22: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 23: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Christmas Eve: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Christmas Day: Stores closed
Target vs. Walmart: Price-Match Guarantee Exclusions
Is Best Buy Open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day?
Best Buy’s website does not explicitly say if the store will be open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, but the schedule before those two days are as follows:
- Dec. 26: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dec. 27-29: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Given Best Buys’ usual business hours, it’s a safe bet it’s open for both days. Call your local store to get the most accurate hours.
Best Buy Holiday Return Policy
Most products purchased at the store between Oct. 28 and Dec. 28 can be returned to Best Buy through Jan. 12, 2019. This excludes cellphones, devices that can be activated and AppleCare monthly plans.
My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members get to enjoy an even longer extended holiday return policy. Elite members have until Jan. 27 and Elite Plus members have until Feb. 11.
Keep reading to see the best and worst return policies for your holiday shopping.
More on Holidays
- Christmas Conundrum Cracked: The Gifts Americans Actually Want
- 48% of Americans Make This Costly Mistake When Holiday Shopping — Do You?
- Trump’s Trade War Will Make Your Holidays This Much More Expensive
- Watch: How This Travel Blogger Saves Big During ‘Shoulder Season’
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.
Taylor Bell contributed to the reporting for this article.