Easter is a Christian holiday that’s been observed for centuries to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus. It always falls on a Sunday, but the exact date is determined by the March equinox. This year, Easter Sunday falls on March 27.
Easter is one of the most festive occasions for many Christians, and once the dust settles, the spending shows it. On average, Americans spent $140 per person on Easter in 2015, according to CNBC. And online shoppers are expected to spend 58 percent more than the average Easter consumer, according to US News & World Report. This year, check out these Easter 2016 deals to help you celebrate without breaking the bank.
Easter Promos on Gifts and Treats
Much of the money spent for Easter goes toward chocolate and candy — making those traditional Easter baskets. Here are some sweet deals that can help you cut costs on these treats.
- Ghirardelli: You’ll have to hunt for savings, literally. Find the hidden egg on Ghirardelli.com, add it to your basket and unlock a 20 percent discount on orders of $50 or more. Also enjoy free shipping on orders between $60 and $350.
- The Popcorn Factory: Save 20 percent on Easter gift orders over $50 with promo code HERES20. This offer ends March 27.
- Shari’s Berries: For a limited time, get 20 percent off Easter gift orders over $29 dollars. Visit Berries.com to activate the offer.
- Gourmet Gift Baskets: Save 10 percent off gift assortments with promo code EASTER10 until April 30.
Easter Deals For Kids
What better way to celebrate Easter, than to get your little ones a little something — and for free nonetheless. Check out these additional promotions just for the kids.
- Sbarro: If you show a picture of your child with an Easter bunny, your little one can get a free slice of New York-style pizza. The offer is valid until April 4 at participating locations, but you have spend $5.
- GoldieBlox: Spend $20 and get one free expansion pack, valued at $10, which will allow your child to build bigger, better inventions. You can also save up to $70 on product bundles and get free shipping on orders over $65. These promotions expire March 27.
Easter Sales on Housewares
Magazines and websites are buzzing with Easter decorating tips. Here are the best Easter deals for decor and other festive holiday items.
- Williams-Sonoma: Shop online or in-store and save 20 percent on Easter items. The offer is valid while supplies last and only applies to in-stock items.
- Sur la table: Enjoy 30 percent off the Easter collection in-store or online for a limited time. Spend over $59 online and get free shipping with promo code FREESHIP.
- Pottery Barn Kids: Save 20 to 40 percent off the entire Easter collection online through March 23.
- Sherwin-Williams: Save 30 percent off paints and stains and 15 percent off painting supplies with this printable coupon until March 31.
Easter Discounts on Accessories and Beauty
From shoes to jewelry and more, these discounts will help you accessorize for Easter without breaking your budget.
- Payless: Shop the Easter Sale and save up to 40 percent. Save an additional 15 percent and get free shipping on orders $25 and up with promo code ZZMARCH. Excludes hot deals and clearance items. Valid for a limited time.
- Claire’s: For a limited time, buy one Easter item, get another Easter item free. Plus, take 30 percent off all hair, jewelry and beauty merchandise.
- Bath & Body Works: Save 20 percent off your entire online order with code SP162168 until April 17.
Easter Travel Deals
Easter is popular travel day, which can drive up costs. But here are some travel deals that may help you save on your holiday trip.
- OneTravel: Save up to $40 with promo code ER40 on flights, hotels and rental cars until March 31. Some restrictions apply.
- CheapOAir: Use promo code ESTR40 to save up to $40 on flights and hotels for bookings made by March 31. Certain conditions apply.
As you outline your plans for Easter, remember, festive doesn’t have to mean expensive if you hunt for deals. Use these discounts and more to make your Easter both memorable and affordable.