Google has released its predictions of what people will be shopping for this holiday season.
The search giant came up with the Google Shopping 100 by sourcing several months’ worth of its search data to identify products that are becoming more popular. It then extrapolated the data to make predictions about what people will be gifting each other (or themselves) this holiday season.
Some items fall into the annually predictable hot items, such as video game consoles and wearables. Others are perhaps signs of the times, with items to help us stay even warmer outside, entertained inside and not get fried from all the screen time.
Google grouped its lists into the categories of tech, kitchen gear, toys and games, gaming, sports and fitness, home goods and health and beauty. Here are the top three trending items in each if you’re looking to get a popular gift for someone.
- ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Graphics Card, $1,186-$1,365: For gamers looking to boost their visual displays
- Oculus Quest Advanced All-in-One Virtual Reality Headset, $399: For gamers looking for the most thorough escape from present reality
- Apple Watch Series 6, $499: For staying connected with the latest and greatest wearable device
Toys and Games
- Fat Brain Toys Simpl Dimpl, $4.95: A fidget gadget for increasing calmness
- Barbie Dreamhouse, $179: For keeping the kids occupied with Barbie dreams
- Chuckle & Roar Pop It! Kids Bubble Popping Game, $7.99: For keeping little hands busy, alone or in pairs
- Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker, $62-$69: For the home barista’s lockdown toolkit
- Ninja Toaster Oven with Air Fryer, $190: Because who doesn’t need this?
- Ball Regular Mouth Mason Jars, 12-pack, $10.99: With canning season winding down, you can stock up for next year’s batch.
- Sony PlayStation 5, $499 retail: These are sold out already, but you might be able to find one on eBay for around $2,000.
- Microsoft Xbox Series X, $499 retail: Also sold out, but Microsoft says they are working to get them back in stock for the holidays.
- Microsoft Xbox Series S, $299 retail: The smallest Xbox available isn’t actually available either, having sold out within minutes of preorders going live in September.
Read More: Here’s How Much You Can Make Playing Esports
Sports and Fitness
- The North Face Women’s Yukiona Mid Boot, $160: For moving and socializing outdoors this winter
- Fitbit Versa 3, $230: For keeping New Year’s resolutions
- The North Face Women’s Shellista II Mid Boot, $140: For the La Niña weather system expected this winter
- White Artificial Christmas Tree with Lights, prices vary: For a tree that’s built to last
- Propane patio heaters, prices vary: For extending outdoor gatherings into the winter
- Bissell CrossWave 1785 Wet/Dry Upright Floor Cleaner, $250: For keeping the house germ-free in half the time
Health and Beauty
- Sauvage by Christian Dior Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, $65: It’s still OK to be a little fancy at home.
- Oral-B IO Series 9 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, $299: The Cadillac of electric toothbrushes
- Blue Light Blocking glasses, prices vary: For the demise of screen-time limits
More From GOBankingRates
- 37 Ways To Save For Your Emergency Fund and Any Unexpected Situations
- Are You Spending More Than the Average American on 25 Everyday Items?
- 31 Hidden Ways You’re Bleeding Money Every Month
- Guns and 32 Other Things You Definitely Do NOT Need To Buy During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Photos are for representational purposes only.