St. Patrick’s Day is the feast day of St. Patrick, Ireland’s patron saint. But far from Ireland, you can celebrate St. Patrick’s Day throughout the United States with everything from green cheese and beer to a proper shepherd’s pie. Here’s where to celebrate and save money on March 17.
St. Patrick’s Day Deals on Food, Drinks and Snacks
It’s not St. Patrick’s Day if you aren’t gobbling up goodies. Here’s how to save green on food and drinks on March 17 — and if you’d rather eat green, learn how to make a green frappuccino on the cheap right at home. Here are St. Patrick’s Day 2019 restaurant deals and freebies:
- Aldi: The grocery chain is offering five Irish-themed cheeses for a delicious St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Choose from Pesto Gouda, English Sage Derby, Aged Irish Cheddar, Irish Cheddar With Irish Beer and Irish Cheddar With Irish Whiskey.
- Applebee’s: Get this month’s Neighborhood Drink for just $2. The Absolut Rainbow Punch features green apple and is topped with a candy rainbow.
- Bar Louie: On March 16 and 17, head to the gastropub for green beer and Irish whiskey. Post a photo of your St. Patrick’s Day celebration there on Instagram with the hashtag #LuckyDazeWithLouie and you could win a gift card.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Green bagels are back on March 16 and 17. Plus, save $2 when you buy a Big Bagel Bundle.
- Carvel: The Cookie O’Puss cake from Carvel has everything any reveler could want: an ice cream cone nose, a cupcake hat, two cupcake eyes and a whole lot of green. No word yet if there will be day-of discounts, but you can count on your cake stealing the show at your party.
- Cheryl’s Cookies: Cheryl’s is offering St. Paddy’s treats in the form of frosted shamrock cookies, starting at $29.99 — a $10 discount.
- Chili’s: The margarita of the month is the Lucky Jameson, featuring the Irish whiskey. It’s available for $5 on St. Patrick’s Day and through all of March.
- Dunkin’: You don’t need the luck o’ the Irish to get in the St. Paddy’s Day spirit at Dunkin’. Irish Creme has returned to the menu after a five-year hiatus, so try a coffee or espresso drink flavored with the seasonal offering. You can also pick up a Mint Brownie Donut, and all month long, get a medium-sized iced coffee for just $2 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar: Through March 17, try The Dubliner, Hopdoddy’s shepherd’s pie burger featuring white cheddar potatoes. Pair it with a side of Guinness and you’ll have a meal for $10.
- Jersey Mike’s Subs: This sub shop chain is offering double points for its Shore Points rewards program on the holiday.
- Krispy Kreme: From March 15 to 17, celebrate with O’riginal Glazed Doughnuts gone green.
- McDonald’s: The St. Patrick’s Day season is here when the color green returns to the shake machine — and the Shamrock Shake has just returned. Grab one of the seasonal minty mainstays at a participating McDonald’s. Not sure if your local Mickey D’s is in on the action? Use the Shamrock Shake Finder in the McDonald’s app — that’s right, McDonald’s created an app just for this purpose — to find out. Download the standard McDonald’s app to browse rotating weekly deals and discounts.
- Mrs. Fields: Get 17 percent off your order at MrsFields.com with coupon code LUCKY.
- Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub: The St. Patrick’s Day menu features Irish cream martinis and green beer. Snag a celebratory corned beef and cabbage for $13.49. Come between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. or between 8 p.m. and closing time to get $5 appetizers and drink specials on March 17 and every weekday.
- Tim Hortons: Snag the festive Clover Donut topped in green sprinkles for a limited time.
- Yard House: Order from the special menu of St. Patrick’s pub fare and pints through March 17. Features include whiskey chicken wings, corned beef egg rolls and shepherd’s pie.
St. Patrick’s Day Gifts, Flowers and Candy For Less
You can save big bucks on that special something for your favorite Irish person — honorary or otherwise. Here are the best deals on St. Patrick’s Day gifts, flowers and candy:
- 1-800-Flowers.com: Choose from a selection of St. Paddy’s-themed gifts, including a cookie arrangement and a little floral something called the Green Dublin Cocktail.
- FTD Flowers: FTD offers St. Patrick’s Day gifts of all sorts, with several marked down in price. A cheerful tulip bouquet starts at $30, which is $10 off regular price.
- M&M’S: Save $15 on a 2-pound bag of all-green M&M’S complete with “Luck of the Irish” decor.
- ProFlowers: Choose from a variety of festive green bouquets, including St. Patrick’s Day orchids at a $10 discount.
Check Out: 7 St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails Under $5
Deals on St. Patrick’s Day Accessories, Clothes, and Decor
Get fully in the spirit this St. Patrick’s Day without paying full price. Here are more St. Patrick’s Day deals:
- ArtsCow: Get free shipping on all orders through March 20 with coupon code SHIPPED20.
- IceJerseys: Take your pick of Irish-themed sweatshirts and hoodies. Ground shipping is free on orders of $85 or more, and you can shop with confidence because IceJerseys offers easy lifetime returns.
- Windy City Novelties: Get in the spirit with LED jewelry, party hats, sunglasses, tattoo sleeves and more. You’ll get free shipping when you spend over $69, plus $10 off orders over $99 and $20 off orders over $199.
Keep reading to see the best and worst things to buy in March.
More on Saving Money
- Starbucks and 59 Other Places That Give Away Birthday Freebies
- How to Eat Out and Still Save Money
- 15 Best Grocery-Delivery Services That Are Worth the Money
- Watch: Treating Finances Like a Game Will Help Get You Rich
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.