Despite the fact that today’s Black Friday deals and sales seem to extend through the entire month of December, plenty of people still procrastinate — many all the way to the bitter end. If you’re one of the late shoppers who pick up at least a few last-minute things on Christmas Eve, don’t worry — you’ve got options. Read on to find out what’s open for Christmas this year.
Stores Open on Christmas Eve: Target, Macy’s and More
Joining the rest of the shopping season’s late bloomers just ahead of the finish line this year? Worry not. Plenty of your favorite retailers are open for business. The stores opening on Christmas Eve 2017 include:
- Barnes & Noble: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- BJ’s Wholesale: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costco: Call your local warehouse.
- CVS: Stores open 24 hours will remain open 24 hours; others vary by location.
- Dollar General: Closes at 10 p.m.
- Dollar Tree: Closes at 7 p.m.
- DSW: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Family Dollar: 7 a.m to 8 p.m., but stores have the option to close at 9 p.m.
- H.E.B.: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- IKEA: Most stores 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., but hours might vary by location.
- JCPenney: Open at 7 a.m.
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Kmart: Closes at 10 p.m.
- Kroger: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Macy’s: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Publix: 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sam’s Club: Call your local warehouse.
- Sheetz: Open 24/7
- ShopRite: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Target: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Walgreens: Open at 8 a.m.; most stores will close “midday.”
- Wegmans: Closes at 6 p.m.
- Whole Foods: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Winn-Dixie: Closes at 8 p.m.
Stores Closed on Christmas Eve 2017:
So far, GOBankingRates has identified one store that has announced it will be closed on Christmas Eve, allowing employees to spend some extra time under the tree rather than in the store aisles:
- Hobby Lobby
Up Next: Stores Open on Christmas Day