Chances are, you scream for ice cream, whether you’re into some swirly soft serve ice cream or its hard-scooped counterpart. A hugely popular treat, the average U.S. household spent approximately $54 on ice cream in 2016, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Expenditure Survey. But what’s sweeter than a serving of ice cream? Getting it for a discount, of course.
Despite its status as a summertime staple, National Ice Cream Cone Day falls on Sept. 22, offering you the perfect excuse to indulge. Use these deals to get free ice cream — or at least save some dough on your favorite dessert.
National Ice Cream Cone Day Deals and Discounts
Many Ice Cream Cone Day deals also feature bonus discounts and freebies for your birthday — though a budget-friendly sweet treat is neat, if you’re craving more than just a scoop to help you celebrate your day, check out some other spots where you can score some other birthday freebies.
- Baskin Robbins: Download the Baskin Robbins app to get one free scoop on national cone day and every day.
- Cold Stone Creamery: Sign up for the My Cold Stone Club to get a buy one creation, get one creation free coupon emailed to you for your birthday.
- Dairy Queen: National Ice Cream Day falls on a Friday, so head to happy hour at participating Dairy Queen locations, held weekdays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. to get a small frappe for just $2 — including an Oreo Cookie flavor.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit: Free ice cream is served with every meal year-round at this national barbecue chain.
- Dippin’ Dots: Join the Dot Crazy! Email Club to get free Dippin’ Dots on your birthday.
- Friendly’s: Sign up for the BFF Club to get a variety of ice cream deals, including 25 percent off your next visit and a free scoop, $1 off two Friendly’s ice cream cartons and free birthday sundaes for you and your children.
- Marble Slab Creamery: Download the Slab Happy Rewards app and get free ice cream for signing up. You’ll also get a point for every dollar spent, and when you reach 50 points, you get a $5 off reward. Plus, you’ll receive a $5 off reward on your birthday and anniversary.
- Menchie’s: Become a member of the My Smileage Club and get 25 smiles for registering. Every dollar spent earns you one smile, and when you reach 50 smiles, you’ll get $5 in Menchie’s Money.
- Orange Leaf: Register your free Ounce Back card and save $3 on your birthday and $1 on your cardiversary.
- Red Mango: Join Club Mango and get a $5 reward on your birthday.
- Pinkberry: Download the Pinkberry mobile app or pick up a Pinkcard at a participating store to get a free yogurt after 10 purchases and on your birthday.
- Rita’s: Join Rita’s Rewards by downloading the Rita’s Ice mobile app and get a free regular Italian ice, frozen custard or gelati on your eighth visit.
- Smoothie King: Sign up for Healthy Rewards and get $2 off at signup, on your birthday and on your signup anniversary.
- Sonic: Not interested in a free ice cream cone? Download the Sonic app to get a free medium Famous Slush, soft drink, iced tea or limeade.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Use this printable coupon to save $1 on a regular-sized classic milkshake through Nov. 10.
- Sweet Frog: Join sweetRewards and get 10 percent off your next purchase and free froyo on your birthday.
- TCBY: Get cheap ice cream by picking up a TCBY loyalty card. Earn one point for every $1 spent at TCBY, and when you reach 30 points, you’ll get $3 in store credit.
- Yogurtland: Join the Real Rewards program and get three ounces free just for registering and another free three ounces on your birthday. The more you spend, the better the ice cream deals.
- Yogurt Mountain: Sign up for the YOMO Club and get a free yogurt on your birthday.