Next time you find yourself needing a couple of extra bucks or wanting to save some bucks on your tech or media purchase, consider using the Decluttr resale platform. Simply download the Decluttr app to your mobile device and begin the buying and selling process.
- What Is Decluttr?
- What Kind of Items Can You Sell To Decluttr?
- How Does Decluttr Work?
- Why People Like It
- What To Look Out For
- The Decluttr App
- Looking Beyond Declutter Reviews: Is this the Resale App for You?
You know how it feels risky to buy and sell items online because you can never be completely sure that the other party is reliable or honest? Decluttr is the digital company that defuses that risk. Decluttr buys your old phones, tech, CDs and DVDs after a valuation process and pays you the day your items arrive at its warehouse. Those items are then refurbished and sold on the Decluttr online store via the mobile app, or they’re recycled responsibly.
Decluttr is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business and, as of Nov. 21, has received 4.5 stars from Trustpilot.
Tech items Decluttr buys and sells include Apple, Samsung and Kindle products. Here are some of the specific products you can buy or sell.
- Apple Watch
- Apple computer
- Galaxy Note series
- Galaxy S series
- Galaxy J series
- Other Samsung phones
- Gear models
- Galaxy Tab
- Nintendo game consoles
- Dell’s Venue
- Google’s Nexus
- LG’s G Pad
- ZTE’s Treck
- Sony’s Xperia
- Microsoft’s Surface
Decluttr is a website and a mobile app that sells your items in a four-step process.
- Valuation: Enter the make, model and condition your product is in and Decluttr can instantly tell you the price value. For CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays, you only have to scan the barcode using your phone’s camera. For LEGOs, you bag up as much as you can into a plastic bag, weigh it, and then enter the weight rounded up to the nearest pound. The price or “valuation” stands for 28 days while you search for a better offer.
- Pack it up: Find a sturdy box and slap on a Decluttr label that will be emailed to you for free. You even have the option to send multiple boxes with multiple free labels.
- Ship it: Now that you have your box with the free Decluttr shipping label, drop off the package at a shipping location so it can be delivered.
- Get your money: As soon as your item has been received by the Decluttr team and inspected and wiped clean of personal data, you will receive your payment by direct deposit, PayPal or check, or you can donate the money to a charity.
Before you move forward, take the time to understand Declutter’s rules regarding your tech and non-tech. In the event the items you ship do not meet the requirements, you will not be paid and the items will not be shipped back to you. Here are the details for both tech and non-tech items.
- Games, CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays: All disks must be returned undamaged, and they must include the original cover, sleeve notes and/or instructions. Disks must be “original,” meaning not copied from another source.
- Tech: Your tech must match the condition, make and model that you described on the Decluttr website or mobile app.
- Books: Your book cannot have any damage to the cover, pages, edges or dust jacket. Damage includes marks, defacement, discoloration, liquid stains or tears. Additionally, the ISBN number on the cover must match the ISBN you entered into the Decluttr website or mobile app.
- LEGOs: The LEGOs must be authentic and in good condition. Any inauthentic or damaged LEGOs will be removed from the bag and the bag will be reweighed, possibly changing the amount of money you are paid.
Save More: Save More With the Best Budgeting Apps
Decluttr has mostly positive customer reviews online. As of Nov. 21, it has 4.5/5 stars from over 10,000 reviews through Trustpilot.
The consistent compliments are:
- Quick and easy selling process
- Good pricing
- Fast shipping
- Good selection of items to buy
Decluttr’s negative reviews consistently mention lack of communication, reevaluated or delayed payment and delayed shipping.
Based on the complaints, these are the steps you can take to avoid any complications:
- Check the condition of your item before sending it to make sure there will be no discrepancies on the quality. Try out your item to make sure all functionality works.
- Package your item safely and securely before shipping to avoid any damage.
- Be clear and consistent in your communication to Decluttr’s customer service department.
The reviews from both Google Play and the App Store are mixed, but as of Nov. 21, the app has an overall rating of 4.3 on both. Although users generally enjoy this app, some express dissatisfaction with the app or the selling process.
Users who rate Decluttr four or five stars are satisfied with the price they received for their tech, and they like how easy the platform is to use. As one user noted, “It was so easy to do. Every step [was] clearly described in the directions.” Negative reviews cited issues like unsold merchandise being returned to its owner with damage. And one user gave Decluttr a single star after being offered pennies for a $20 DVD.
Ultimately, there are many ways to earn income from your home. Decluttr appears to be a relatively quick and easy one, if not the most lucrative.
Your experience with Decluttr will depend on the amount of money you expect to earn from selling your items and the selling/buying process, so make sure to research the rules and payment regulations and read online reviews. Consider a more specific money-saving app if you want to see a large financial shift.
Here are some competitors to compare and consider:
In the end, Decluttr is all about decluttering, so remember that there is a personal reward for freeing up space in your home. Whether through a garage sale, a modern app or any other type of side hustle, make room for new adventures and new items in your life.
Find Abundance: Legitimate Ways To Make Some Quick Cash This Year
More From GOBankingRates