- Amazon will offer an extended return period for the holidays.
- Shoppers have 30 days to return an item to Amazon.
- Only certain products sold on Amazon have warranties.
As one of the major online retailers in the world, Amazon is primed to make millions this holiday season. But as much as people will rush to Amazon to order the perfect Christmas gift for the holidays, there will be many others who will be anxious to return those gifts.
Before you empty your wallet buying holiday gifts for friends and family, find out if and how you can return items purchased from the online retail giant. Check out the following guide to Amazon’s holiday return policy, then get ready to snap up Amazon’s Black Friday deals.
Amazon Holiday Return Policy
For items shipped between Nov 1. and Dec. 31, you have until Jan. 31, 2019 to return your purchase. But some restrictions apply for special items and items shipped through a third-party seller.
To make a return, please visit Amazon’s Online Return Center and follow these steps:
- View items you wish to return.
- Hit “Return or Replace Items” and follow steps to print out the shipping label and authorization slip.
- Place the authorization slip in the package and attach the return label.
- Ship your properly packaged item.
Amazon Standard Return Policy
You have within 30 days of the shipment date to return your purchase. Some products might have different return policies and requirements; you can view these in detail at the Online Return Center.
Amazon Global Store Return Policy
You can still return items if you are shopping internationally, but it might take more time to successfully return your purchase.
- You have up to 30 days from the delivery date to make a return, however, it can take 25 days for your return to reach Amazon’s fulfillment center.
- You will receive your full refund within 5-7 business days after the item is returned to Amazon’s fulfillment center.
Amazon Warranty Policy
Amazon doesn’t cover the products it sells and not all products sold by Amazon have warranties. For the ones that do, warranties vary by manufacturer, use of product and where the product was purchased. You can obtain a copy of an item’s warranty by contacting the manufacturer directly or visiting its website.
You don’t have to save your Cyber Monday shopping for Amazon — check out the first Cyber Monday posted deals.
More on Shopping and Saving Money
- Trump’s Trade War Will Make Your Holidays This Much More Expensive
- 10 Travel Deals to Save Money on Your Holiday Vacations Now
- Best Online Savings Accounts
- Watch: Groceries at Target vs. Walmart
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.