The Best Buy after-Christmas sale gives you a great excuse to spend your gift cards and trade in less-than-thrilling gifts for the electronics you were hoping for. Whether you’re looking to upgrade a camera or computer or create the perfect home theater, these after-Christmas sales online and in stores save you money on the Best Buy items you want most.
After-Christmas Deals on Laptops
Best Buy’s pre-Christmas and clearance sales offered major laptop discounts that could continue beyond Christmas. Prices won’t beat 20 Days of Doorbusters, which promise the lowest prices of the season, but you can still get excellent Best Buy after-Christmas deals on these laptops:
- MacBook and MacBook Pro: Select MacBook Pro models dropped $200 during Best Buy’s 20 Days of Blockbusters — and those blockbusters included an additional MacBook later in the promotion.
- Microsoft Surface 13.5: Although the new 12.3-inch Microsoft Surface Pro was discounted before Christmas, savings were better on the new 13.5-inch Surface — which was marked down from $1,149 to $799. Open-box models were discounted an additional $80. Be on the lookout for ongoing savings after Christmas.
- Dell Inspiron 15.6-inch 2-in-1 Touch-Screen: The Dell Inspiron 15.6-inch laptop was featured in Best Buy’s Black Friday sale, when it was marked down more than 32 percent. It turned up as a clearance item with a 20 percent discount during Cyber Week, suggesting Best Buy might aggressively discount any remaining pieces after Christmas.
- Lenovo Yoga 910 2-in-1 Special Edition: The Lenovo “Star Wars” Special Edition Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire laptops are Best Buy exclusives that were discounted 30 percent before Christmas. Especially on the heels of the Dec. 15 release of “The Last Jedi,” you’re likely to see these niche products in Best Buy day-after-Christmas sale circulars.
Check Out: 15 Best Things to Buy on Boxing Day
After-Christmas Deals on TVs
The day after Christmas is perfect for watching sports, so it’s possible that Best Buy after-Christmas sales will bring some of the lowest TV prices seen so far this season. Compare Best Buy’s sale prices to other stores’ prices to see whether Best Buy has the best deal:
- Sharp 50-inch Class LED 4K Smart TV: Best Buy sold this exclusive Sharp 50-inch LED 4K Smart TV in stores for $179.99 — that’s $320 off the regular price — on Black Friday. Watch stores for ongoing sales after Christmas.
- Samsung 65-inch LED 4K UHD TV: Another Best Buy exclusive, this Samsung 65-inch LED 4K TV was marked down $350 to $749 on Black Friday and was on clearance for $899 after Cyber Week.
- Sony Magnolia 65-inch OLED 4K UHD With High Dynamic Range: At the high end, Sony’s Bravia 65-inch OLED 4K UHD Smart TV With HDR dropped from $4,999 to $3,499 before Christmas. It’s not on display in every store, but it might be worth a drive to find one after Christmas.
After-Christmas Deals on Cameras
In addition to fun offerings like Fujifilm’s Instax Mini 9 instant film cameras and camera bundles, you’re likely to see a full lineup of big-name digital point-and-shoot, DSLR and mirrorless cameras featured in Best Buy post-Christmas sales.
- Canon PowerShot SX Line: Canon’s PowerShot cameras are compact digital cameras that run the gamut from basic point-and-shoots to high-end enthusiast models — the SX PowerShot series falls approximately in the middle. Best Buy priced the Canon PowerShot SX530 model 34 percent off during Cyber Week sales, and the newer SX720 was reduced by 20 percent.
- Nikon D7200: Expect to save big on this DX-format camera due to Nikon’s July release of the D7500. The Nikon D7200 was bundled with two lenses for $999 in early December — a $550 savings over the regular price. A one-lens bundle was $500 off at $1099.99, and the body alone dropped from $999.99 to $799.99. Expect similarly aggressive prices after Christmas as Best Buy works to move remaining inventory.
- Sony a7 and a7 II: Sony’s new a9 and a7 III full-frame mirrorless cameras are edging out the older a7 and a7 II models. The a7 II models were especially good deals, both as body-only and bundled offerings, with early December discounts. The big winner before Christmas was the open-box Sony a7R II. Best Buy knocked an additional $200 off a $2,399.99 price that was already discounted $500. Look for similar savings during post-Christmas sales.
After-Christmas Deals on Smartphones
Best Buy repeated its 2016 buy-one-get-one promotion with similar AT&T deals before Christmas 2017. This sale on AT&T phones and service applies to iPhones and Samsung models and might keep going into January. Prepaid phones are another opportunity to find bargains. Here are the smartphones to watch for at the Best Buy day-after-Christmas sale for 2017:
- Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus: Although the BOGO promotion includes iPhone X, Best Buy offered additional savings of $100 off the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. Verizon users saved up to $200 on these phones even after Cyber Week, so chances are sales will continue after Christmas.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge: Samsung Galaxy Note8 and S7 Edge both qualified for the AT&T pre-Christmas BOGO offer, but the Galaxy S7 had additional markdowns of $150. The Galaxy S7 devices were $100 off after Cyber Week. They were still in stock at that time, so expect a final push if inventory lasts through Christmas.
- Samsung Galaxy J3: Boost Mobile, Simple Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Total Wireless all heavily discounted the Samsung Galaxy J3 before Christmas. Verizon Prepaid versions were still full price after Cyber Week, so look for those to be discounted even if the other providers’ sales end earlier.
Other After-Christmas Deals
Audio accessories, exercise equipment and Christmas decorations get serious markdowns after Christmas. Although Best Buy likely won’t offer the lowest prices of the year on audio and fitness merchandise, you’ll still find great deals. Also, Best Buy might even have you covered for next Christmas — low prices on Christmas decor should represent the best after-Christmas sales of 2017. Here are some things to look for:
- Stereo headphones: Best Buy’s Black Friday and Cyber Week deals included plenty of over-the-ear, in-ear and earbud headphones, even from top names like Dr. Dre and Bose. On Black Friday, Beats by Dre Studio2 over-the-ear headphones were marked down $220 and were $180 off during Cyber Week.
- Sports technology: Best Buy discounted tech training aids in this category by 65 percent during Cyber Week, and they were well represented on Black Friday, too. The Garmin Fenix 3 HR and Fossil Q Explorist smartwatches were marked down 20 to 45 percent. Wilson X Connected Basketballs were reduced over 30 percent. Fitbits and other activity trackers could have significant price reductions after Christmas, too.
- Christmas-themed products: Every artificial Christmas tree listed on BestBuy.com was listed at full price and was sold out by the time Cyber Week ended, but your local store might have some inventory it needs to move. Look for rock-bottom prices on pre-lit trees from Fraser Hill Farm. Also check stores for “Nightmare Before Christmas” figures like Femme Fatales Sally and Santa Jack and Sally Coffin, which were previously listed at full price but were also sold out by the end of Cyber Week on Best Buy’s website.
More Ways to Save at Best Buy
In addition to slashing prices during after-Christmas sales, Best Buy gives you two additional ways to save online and in stores. First, the retailer’s low-price guarantee ensures that you get the best deal. In-store customer service reps will even check competitors’ prices for you. Additionally, the Best Buy Outlet aggressively discounts open-box items, which have been returned to the store and, in many cases, verified to be in “Excellent-Certified” condition.