10 Kid-Friendly Hotels That Cost Less Than $199 a Night
If you are traveling as a family, the last thing you want is to pick a hotel that your kids won’t enjoy. That’s a sure-fire recipe for vacation disaster.
But no one wants to pay $2,200 per night for the kid-friendly perks, if you can avoid it, and GOBankingRates readers are financially savvy. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best values in kid-friendly hotels below.
First, let’s define what we mean by “kid-friendly” or “family” hotels. What are some of the amenities you should want?
There are some basics you definitely need:
- rooms that can accommodate two adults, plus kids or the ability to have adjoining rooms
- kid-friendly menus, and high chairs (and breakfast-included places are great)
- babysitting services
- kids’ activities, such as a swimming pool (or even better, a pool with a slide and a lazy river)
- good location near restaurants and activities
Here are some of the best kid-friendly hotels across the United States where you can stay for less than $199 per night (this is by no means a comprehensive list, but it’s a good start for your search):
- Price: $199-209 per night for family of four
- Perks: indoor heated pool, on-site Tex-Mex restaurant, cots available
Nothing is really cheap in New York City, but the Skyline Hotel has a good location for easy access to other family entertainment.
- Price: $124 per night
- Perks: good location, beach access, on-site parking
Seaside Inn is walking distance away from San Francisco’s tourist areas, and it’s also close to the beach.
- Price: As low as $25 per night
- Perks: amusement park, outdoor pools, good location
Many wouldn’t think of Vegas as a family-friendly destination, but the hotel has plenty of kid-friendly activities.
- Price: $111 per night
- Perks: close to Disneyland (with shuttles to the park), outdoor pool, game room
This family-friendly hotel is a short shuttle ride to Disneyland, but far enough away that you won’t get caught up in traffic (other than typical Southern California snarls).
- Price: $141 per night
- Perks: outdoor pool with lazy river, beach access
This resort comes with an added bonus of big-screen movie nights by the pool, Trivago.com reports.
- Price: $145 for 2-room suite
- Perks: good location, game room, salt water pool
This hotel is centrally located to many Portland amenities.
- Price: $169 per night (although there are plenty of special packages if you also go to the amusement park)
- Perks: 5-minute walk to amusement park, good outdoor pools
Let’s be honest, nothing else matters when Snoopy comes to tuck your kids into bed, Trivago.com reports.
- Price: $189 per night
- Perks: great location, big suites with kitchenettes, outdoor pool
For a different trip, with hikes and horseback rides replacing amusement parks and rollercoasters, visit Moab.
- Price: $169 per night for family suite
- Perks: indoor water park
We could have listed any of several Great Wolf Lodges. The water parks provide great entertainment.
- Price: $89 per night on weekdays
- Perks: lazy river, water park, game room
As a resort, Margaritaville has everything you need in terms of dining (ice cream shop, too!) and entertainment (arcade rooms, pools, live music).
More From GOBankingRates