What To Do If You Owe Back Taxes to the IRS

Owe Back Taxes? Take Control Of Your Situation With These Proven Strategies

A woman looking at her mail (letter or bills)  in disbelief, shock! .

by Abigael Good

Picture yourself unexpectedly getting a letter that you owe a large sum of money to the IRS. Pretty scary, right?

If you’re one of millions of Americans who have fallen behind on IRS tax payments, you could probably use some support. US tax law is confusing, and you might not even know there are tax relief programs available, much less how to find out if you’re eligible.

The threat of wage garnishments and bank levies adds to the stress. And if you can’t pay in full at one time, your debt can balloon due to high-interest rates and penalties.

With so much at stake, it’s helpful to have someone on your side.

That’s where Tax Relief Advocates come in. TRA’s experts are available to advise you on both personal and business tax relief in a variety of ways. They can represent you during a tax audit, assist you in reducing tax debt, and help prevent the IRS from seizing your wages or freezing your bank account.

If that sounds like the kind of help you need, TRA will provide it with compassion and professionalism.

Starting with a free consultation to discuss your situation, your tax resolution expert will review all relevant information to advise you on the best course of action, help you apply for debt forgiveness, and negotiate with the IRS.

Are you eligible for the IRS Fresh Start program? Could you settle your debt for less than you currently owe? Tackling these questions on your own can be intimidating, but you don’t have to do it alone. TRA will find out the answers for you and guide you every step of the way.

Put your case in the hands of experts, so you can stress less.

GOBankingRates maintains editorial independence. While we may receive compensation from actions taken after clicking on links within our content, no content has been supplied by any advertiser prior to publication.